Hard top not sitting flush with windshield frame

Onehappyroamer

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a great day.

I bought a 2005 TJ last year and found another TJ with a hard top at a junk yard.

Bought the hard top and had it installed, there were no latches so it was bolted down in the front. For some reason it does not seem to want to sit flush with the windshield frame. It has gaps at the front top corners (where it meets the doors) and makes a lot of wind noise when driving against the wind and it also leaks when it rains. I do not see it dripping in but always find puddles on the rubber mats after it rains.
I have read in other posts that people have recommended to try tilting the windshield forward or backwards to fix this issue. I was wondering if there should be some kind of rubber seal also sandwiched in between them or not. It seems to rattle a lot when going over bumpy or washboard roads.

Thank for your input.

20210221_100346.jpg

20210221_100429.jpg

I am almost positive that is a YJ top. There was a guy on another forum who made one work years ago, but it was a pain in the butt and alkt of work!!!!!

I am almost positive that is a YJ top, just from the way it sits on the windshield. I would take it back and get my $$ back, then look for the right top!!

It doesnt look like it sits well at the back left hand side either, right above the gas cap. It looks like a CJ top to me in the photo, but I am not an expert on that. Has your Jeep been wrecked before?

It doesnt look like it sits well at the back left hand side either, right above the gas cap. It looks like a CJ top to me in the photo, but I am not an expert on that. Has your Jeep been wrecked before?
It is a YJ/CJ top, look at the difference in you avatar pic and his pic. The top comes to far over to sit on the windshield correctly.

Not that I know of.. but I bought it last year from someone who did hide a lot of things when doing the sale... so I wouldn't be surprised if it was

It is a YJ/CJ top, look at the difference in you avatar pic and his pic. The top comes to far over to sit on the windshield correctly.
Hey, not really understanding what you are saying. I have a CJ, and his top looks just like mine. Are YJ tops and CJ tops the same? I honestly do not know. If they are different, then yes he most likely has a YJ top on his CJ. I am just saying the back doesnt look right either, and I honestly dont know if the tubs are different as well. Jut trying to learn.

Hey, not really understanding what you are saying. I have a CJ, and his top looks just like mine. Are YJ tops and CJ tops the same? I honestly do not know. If they are different, then yes he most likely has a YJ top on his CJ. I am just saying the back doesnt look right either, and I honestly dont know if the tubs are different as well. Jut trying to learn.
Yes the YJ and CJ top are the same except for the rear glass door. He has a TJ and the top he bought is for a YJ/CJ. Can it be made to work, yes with a butt load of time and labor. Will it look right, nope never.