Hard Top Wiper and Defrost wiring

Nitro5955

I have done some digging and I have not found the answer yet.
I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler. It has a 97-02 top on it with the vents.
My question is more about the wiring on the hard top side. I have the switches on the dash and the motor on the back window. The wiring for the motor ends with the 10 pin adapter and the motor has 3 wires that are not plugged into anything. My guess is that the motor should have the 10 pin plug coming from the motor to plug into the other plug?
Also, the wiring for the defrost, how is that handled? When we got the top it did not have a defrost on it. We are looking at replacing it with the defrost but wanted to know what wires I would need to run and where.
Does anyone have pictures of the hookup to the wiper motor and the defrost?
Just trying to plan ahead.

Mike

Hey bud , there is a thread I had trying to rob power for the rear a while back from the harness, and someone knew every wire on those things ... hopefully they will chime in.

I can't think of the thread.

There is a thread showing the pinouts for each plug.
I am more curious about how the defrost is hooked up to the window. Also how the wires are connected to the wiper.
Mike

Does your hard top glass have the defroster strips on the surface?

Both the wiper motor and defrost wires run up from the plug on the bottom rear driver side corner through a channel in the corner and across the top rear of the top.

I am replacing the rear window. So it will have the strips when window is replaced on Thursday. The old window did not have a defrost on it but I know it was replaced previously becore the Jeep was purchased. I may have to run wires from the corner plug up to the tabs. Wasn't sure where those tabs usually are.
Mike

The tabs are at the top of the two side strips on the window, about 4" above where the strut mounts are. The wires to those come out the plastic channel running across the upper rear of the hard top.

Thank you.
I found where the wires for the defrost are.
The POS owners of the hard top before us decided to just cut the wires at the rubber plug in the hardtop where the wire comes down from. So I have the wires, I just need to figure out how to remove the old stub of a wire out of the small white plug so I can try to put a new wire in the connector.
Is the clip on the window a standard spade?

Mike

20181217_231229.jpg

20181217_231220.jpg

Thank you.
I found where the wires for the defrost are.
The POS owners of the hard top before us decided to just cut the wires at the rubber plug in the hardtop where the wire comes down from. So I have the wires, I just need to figure out how to remove the old stub of a wire out of the small white plug so I can try to put a new wire in the connector.
Is the clip on the window a standard spade?

Mike

View attachment 68285

View attachment 68286
I didn't look that close but will check to see (the spade connector).