Hardtop Cable Removal

jchadscud

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Has anyone removed the wiring cable that runs to the back for the rear defroster, wiper and wiper fluid on a hardtop? I switched over to a soft top and would like to remove. I know the wiper fluid must run all the way to the engine bay, but was hoping the other electrical was just plugged into a harness somewhere.

Has anyone removed the wiring cable that runs to the back for the rear defroster, wiper and wiper fluid on a hardtop? I switched over to a soft top and would like to remove. I know the wiper fluid must run all the way to the engine bay, but was hoping the other electrical was just plugged into a harness somewhere.
For which year? It is one piece for 2000 & 01 and I suspect though 06

http://www.morris4x4center.com/pdf/82207078.pdf

When my soft top is on, I just tuck it under the lip of the tub.

Is there a specific reason you want to remove it? It would probably be more trouble than it's worth, especially if you change your mind down the road and decide you want it back.

Just to get rid of the extra wiring. I like to keep things minimal!

Removing it looks pretty extensive, I may just do as you suggest and tuck it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
When my soft top is on, I just tuck it under the lip of the tub.

Is there a specific reason you want to remove it? It would probably be more trouble than it's worth, especially if you change your mind down the road and decide you want it back.
Plus, it's definitely a selling point having it if you ever sell the TJ, God forbid...

Reactions: Jeffreybomb