Hardtop insulation

If you try it, I'll be eager to know how it works out. I'm planning to use carpet to match the floor.

On this forum I've seen some reviews of various headliner kits, and a few DIY approaches to creating one's own. But I haven't seen this yet.

I really was hoping for someone who tried it first, but I'll take the plunge! My hardtop is black and with the New Mexico sun, it radiates heat down on my ol' noggin.
This helped IMMENSELY:
159.jpg

I was all ready to buy a "HotHeads" or similar liner, but after doing this, the need went waaaay down. I might still add insulation of one sort or another eventually, but its no longer a huge priority. I was shocked at how much it helped - this is in Florida. I used rubberized RV roof coating.

I really was hoping for someone who tried it first, but I'll take the plunge! My hardtop is black and with the New Mexico sun, it radiates heat down on my ol' noggin.

Isn't it white on the inside to slow down this radiation of which you speak and also to make it brighter both during teh day and at night.

I have a hard top it is black. I never noticed a problem. I did replace the overhead lights with LEDs, at least I got that going for me.

8341AFC8-8C4C-4E8F-8BC1-816C3784EB2B.jpeg

with the dark khaki top my jeep is no hotter in the texas heat than my f-150. hardtop is white on the inside. some how i’ve lost my a/c with the top and doors off.

I repainted my black hardtop to flat military khaki , the difference in sunny interior temperature is very noticeable !

Reactions: Zorba
For a cheap seasonal fix I used to stretch an insulated moving blanked across the roll bars. It worked great for insulation and surprisingly cut down the cabin noise.

Reactions: ColoJeep and Zorba