Hardtop Leaks near tailgate

I think it may be the seal between the sides of the hardtop and rear window that has gone and water is running down into those corners.

I think it may be the seal between the sides of the hardtop and rear window that has gone and water is running down into those corners.

That's very likely the culprit. A new seal can be had for cheap enough, so I would replace it. Chances are if that is the original seal it could probably use replacing anyways.

I could hear dripping so removed the vents the seals were completely gone, have tried these mopar replacements but they are a good half cm short compared to the oem vents (maybe the size changed slightly for different year hard tops?) I will see how it goes.
image8.JPG image9.JPG image10.JPG

I could hear dripping so removed the vents the seals were completely gone, have tried these mopar replacements but they are a good half cm short compared to the oem vents (maybe the size changed slightly for different year hard tops?) I will see how it goes.
View attachment 1362 View attachment 1363 View attachment 1364

Yeah let us know how it goes. Didn't even cross my mind that the vents could be leaking. Then again, I have an 05 which doesn't have the vents on the hard top.

it rained pretty heavy yesterday night and went down to check, no water came on the left side. but same issue on the right side, I'm assuming this is because the mopar replacement vents didnt fit as well as i can slide the covers up and down. I am going to use stixall or some other marine sealent just to seal them down properly

it rained pretty heavy yesterday night and went down to check, no water came on the left side. but same issue on the right side, I'm assuming this is because the mopar replacement vents didnt fit as well as i can slide the covers up and down. I am going to use stixall or some other marine sealent just to seal them down properly

You're probably correct. A little sealant will probably fix it right up. My 05 hard top doesn't have the vents in the side like the earlier style hard tops so I've never experienced this, but I've heard of others having the same issue.

i was reading that the vents were needed for the AC to work correctly, I guess thats not true if they ditched them on later models.
Im going to use U-Pol tiger seal black around them when i get some free time.

i was reading that the vents were needed for the AC to work correctly, I guess thats not true if they ditched them on later models.
Im going to use U-Pol tiger seal black around them when i get some free time.

No, the vents had to do with pressure inside the cabin when shutting the doors if I remember correctly. Something about if there were no vents and you slammed the door you could potentially blow out your windows or something? Seems a bit exaggerated but that's what I read numerous times.

The 03-06 don't have the vents in the hardtop because they moved them to the rear tailgate behind the spare tire on the 03-06 models.

that sounds pretty out there, i mean these wranglers are not exactly the most air tight vehicles on earth

I know, it does sound pretty out there, but that's what I've heard so many times. Either way, I don't want to be the one to test it out, haha.