Hardtop over spray removal

How long ago was mistake made? The over spray, not you buying it.:)

Is it just like a dusting, or is it thick? Maybe some of each?

Whatever it is, I'd probably try some mineral spirits. It shouldn't affect the original tan of the hardtop.

I know tops aren't exactly smooth but if mineral spirits don't work I'd move up to some polishing compound. If that fails, maybe some rubbing compound, if that takes the paint away follow up with polishing compound.

If that paint is still there after rubbing compound you're probably looking at needing some kinda fine sandpaper, then finer sand paper, then maybe some even finer sand paper followed by the two compounds. I can't really give details on the sand paper and hope you don't end up there.

Others may have better ideas.

How long ago was mistake made? The over spray, not you buying it.:)

Is it just like a dusting, or is it thick? Maybe some of each?

Whatever it is, I'd probably try some mineral spirits. It shouldn't affect the original tan of the hardtop.

I know tops aren't exactly smooth but if mineral spirits don't work I'd move up to some polishing compound. If that fails, maybe some rubbing compound, if that takes the paint away follow up with polishing compound.

If that paint is still there after rubbing compound you're probably looking at needing some kinda fine sandpaper, then finer sand paper, then maybe some even finer sand paper followed by the two compounds. I can't really give details on the sand paper and hope you don't end up there.

Others may have better ideas.
JEEPCJTJ,

Here's a pic.
PO says he doesn't know when it was done, bought top last month, suspect it's not too old but "cured" for sure. Thanks for the tips, I'll follow your advice, step-wise.

IMG_0942[1].JPG