Hardtop to softop to sun rider

^^^THIS, just might be part of our issue...
I'm 99.99% certain that we don't have any straps like this on our top.
I just dropped the Jeep off for a brake job, so I won't have the ability to fully confirm this until maybe tomorrow.

I'll say it again, I'm 99.99% certain that we do not have straps securing the top to the roll bar.

It would be interesting to see a side by side comparison of the two and see if you're actually paying more for it to just to say Bestop.

I thought the price difference was mainly that the Bestop comes with header channel, door surrounds, and tailgate bar, and the Pavement Ends has none of that.

Reactions: bbaldwin237
That's what I'm wondering. Mine had the Trektop when I bought it, but down the road when it comes time to replace it, I don't NEED a brand logo!
I just took the logo off

From what I've read here lately, Bestop's best tops don't fit that well either. I'll just stick with my Rampage Frameless top in Winter and a Bikini for Summer. (Bikini for the Jeep, not me.);)
Not sure where you heard that.
I have had three different Trektop Nx's on three different Jeeps and every one of them fit perfect.

^^^THIS, just might be part of our issue...
I'm 99.99% certain that we don't have any straps like this on our top.
I just dropped the Jeep off for a brake job, so I won't have the ability to fully confirm this until maybe tomorrow.

I'll say it again, I'm 99.99% certain that we do not have straps securing the top to the roll bar.
One on each outboard side of the sound bar. I mentioned above that these straps are reason I rarely remove the rear portion fully. The straps are a bit of pain to thread between the sound bar and the roll bar. I use them to hang dry cleaning for the ride home.

I just confirmed, the Supertop DOES NOT have the straps mentioned above.
That would probably resolve the issue, since nothing secures that “corner” of fabric when the Sunrider is open, which allows the center to sag.

On the Trektop, what are the functional differences between the slant back (J15628) and the square back (J15318) for the LJ? It looks like the square back has a lot more structural members, even up front.

Both claim the sunrider feature.

On the Trektop, what are the functional differences between the slant back (J15628) and the square back (J15318) for the LJ? It looks like the square back has a lot more structural members, even up front.

Both claim the sunrider feature.

Framed versus frameless.

Both do have sunrider, but the slant back (Trektop NX) eliminates the metal bows that five the square back its shape and which take up a ton of space when folded back.

Reactions: DeltaNu1142
Framed versus frameless.

Both do have sunrider, but the slant back (Trektop NX) eliminates the metal bows that five the square back its shape and which take up a ton of space when folded back.
Thanks. I didn't even notice the "NX" designation wasn't on the square back. I get it now. Trektop is more like OEM; Trektop NX is a frameless slant-back soft top.

Reactions: MikekiM