Hardtop Weather Stripping Question

notlohdahc

I'm recently a new owner of a 2004 TJ with hardtop. This my first Wrangler so, I'm not familiar with what is standard.

My question is, should there be weather stripping, on the hardtop itself were the doors meet the hardtop? I have full doors that have the rubber gasket on them, but the hard top does not have anything.

I have a water leak about an inch back from where the hardtop meets the front window frame on both the driver and passenger sides.

I'll post pictures if needed.

If you mean like there would be 2 gaskets at the door ? Mine only has the gasket around the door itself. Otherwise it would need a matching 2nd gasket attached around the tub area too. But at the point where the tub and top meet there is a gasket along the bottom of the tub, and an additional small piece of rubber that is attached to the tub where the door shuts against the top/tub.
15632015090874914505815763687984.jpg

The gaskets are only on the door.

the gasket on top of the windshield is typically what contributes to the leak you're having.

Upon further inspection, it looks like the door gaskets were poorly installed by the previous owner. I'll live with the issue for now. Since I'm in a climate that gets very little rain, I'll live with it for now.