Harvested my first XMAS tree today

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Went out xmas tree hunting for the first time today with my daughter, and it was a pretty great experience. NF Roads in the coastal rainforest were pretty gnarly too, and while there is no snow in sight anywhere we did have some crazy heavy fog that rolled in. We left with a beautiful 12' Sitka Spruce and the start of a new tradition. Permit was only $5 too!

IMG_4084.jpg

Went out xmas tree hunting for the first time today with my daughter, and it was a pretty great experience. NF Roads in the coastal rainforest were pretty gnarly too, and while there is no snow in sight anywhere we did have some crazy heavy fog that rolled in. We left with a beautiful 12' Sitka Spruce and the start of a new tradition. Permit was only $5 too!

View attachment 127763
That’s what I call Christmas tree shopping.

Reactions: EJD
That’s what I call Christmas tree shopping.
Amen to that, think I saved a few bucks!

You think its big enough? You look like a logging truck. :)
Just trying to blend in out here you know. :D

You obviously have some vaulted ceilings and a ladder I take it ;)
Oh yeah, we have 14' ceilings in our house and the max tree size you can take is 12', so I had to put them to the test and see just what a huge tree in the house looks/feels like. No ladder though, i'm going to have to get one or get crafty.

Oh yeah, we have 14' ceilings in our house and the max tree size you can take is 12', so I had to put them to the test and see just what a huge tree in the house looks/feels like. No ladder though, i'm going to have to get one or get crafty.

Well in that case, you really pulled a Clark Griswold, didn't you? ;)

We have done the tree permits for the pass 6 years. Love it, price and the family experience. We have learned they always look smaller out in nature and way too big for the house lol. Good looking tree you got !

Reactions: EJD
I like to think I had it a little more together than Clark but I love the reference!

Well I think the Clark Griswold reference may be yet to come.

No ladder though, i'm going to have to get one or get crafty.

Just be sure someone gets video.

Yeah it was actually a lot of fun, i'm looking forward to see the NorCal tree run pics!

Reactions: alittleoff