Has anyone added cruise control to their LS swap?

Longhorn84

TJ Enthusiast
I'm considering adding cruise control to my LS swap but I believe the cruise system requires a switch from the brakes that gives 12v when the brake is applied and 12v when the brake isn't applied. Has anyone tackled this or does anyone know of an aftermarket brake switch that has both open and closed 12v lines?

Reactions: KCsTJ
I hope to ad it to my project if it ever gets finished. I remember reading somewhere (pirate maybe?) it’s one wire hookup if the LS id drive by wire.

I just read about the 5 pin relay that allows you to run a normally open or normally closed at the same time. I believe the jeep brake switch is normally closed since it's depressed when the brake is not pressed, and when you press the brake it lets the plunger out to open the circuit. Therefore, you'd need to set up a relay to take the 12v from the brake switch normally closed which will work through the relay to give 12v normally open to the TCC to allow cruise to work. I'll tackle this project down the road.

I am hoping to add it this year. I guy I know that used to work for novak claims he knows how to using the Jeep CC module
I saw a guy start this on Youtube but it doesn't look like he posted a finished video. The Jeep CC module only has two wires out so you'd have to rig up a mini computer to read the signal and output to the correct wires. I think I'll just get a flat mount CC button but the actual wiring is what I'm worried about setting up correctly with the GM TAC.

I know this is an old thread, but I have some information that might help someone. I have a Tach Emulator PLUS Cruise Control Module form Novak installed on my 2004 LS Swap and it works great. There are 9 (nine) wires that need to be connected to the system. It is not difficult to install and well worth it.

Buz

I know this is an old thread, but I have some information that might help someone. I have a Tach Emulator PLUS Cruise Control Module form Novak installed on my 2004 LS Swap and it works great. There are 9 (nine) wires that need to be connected to the system. It is not difficult to install and well worth it.

Buz
Interesting, do you know if they still sell it? Does it work with the TJ steering wheel controls or do you have separate controls?

It uses the TJ steering wheel controls. I am sure they still sell it. Works great.

Tach Emulator Plus Cruise Control s.jpg

Connections:
12 Volt +
Ground
Three wires go to the GM TAC
Brake light on
Signal from Steering Wheel (Pin 32 on C3)
Crank Position Sensor
Cam Position Sensor

Total of 9 Connections.

You program the device to recognize what each button on the steering wheel does.

Buz

They just confirmed they still sell, I wish they would have told me when I first bought the regular emulator!

Connections:
12 Volt +
Ground
Three wires go to the GM TAC
Brake light on
Signal from Steering Wheel (Pin 32 on C3)
Crank Position Sensor
Cam Position Sensor

Total of 9 Connections.

You program the device to recognize what each button on the steering wheel does.

Buz
I have a question. I have a 2005 LJ with a 2002 LM7 swapped. DBC.
Is the above box for DBC or DBW or both?

I can’t seem to find the cruise control version on their site.