Has anyone ever owned a Jeep Liberty CRD?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I've always had a thing for diesels, it just sucks we never get any of the cool diesel vehicles here in the states.

For years and years I've always wanted to drive a Jeep Liberty CRD just to see what it was like. I never quite liked the look of them that much, but I always wondered how they performed off-road, and if the diesel CRD engine was any good?

I'm not planning on buying one, just hoping to hear from anyone who knows more about them than I do, or maybe someone who has owned one.

My buddy wrecked his XJ and then bought a liberty and soon after that traded it for a Dodge Ram with a Hemi. He hated how the rear of the Liberty would bounce over bumps on the road. I think it had something to do with the wheelbase.....and his driving. :lol:

I don't mind their looks but only with a wider stance, black wheels, and some mudders.

Not a CRD and I can't speak to the off road capabilities, but my wife drove a Liberty from 2003-2014. Overall she liked it, but it seemed to really go down hill after about 80,000 miles. I don't know that I would have been comfortable in that thing on anything more than a mild forest road without some serious work.

Reactions: Chris
I've always had a thing for diesels, it just sucks we never get any of the cool diesel vehicles here in the states.

For years and years I've always wanted to drive a Jeep Liberty CRD just to see what it was like. I never quite liked the look of them that much, but I always wondered how they performed off-road, and if the diesel CRD engine was any good?

I'm not planning on buying one, just hoping to hear from anyone who knows more about them than I do, or maybe someone who has owned one.

I really wish we had more diesel options (jeeps included). My fear is that VW ruined it for other manufactures. Personally I'd rather have a diesel getting 30-40 MPG than a hybrid getting 45 mpg. My brother bought a GMC canyon with a diesel. He gets around 30 mpg and it doesn't even feel like a diesel. I was quite impressed when I drove it. I can't speak to the liberty though. my wife owned a Grand Cherokee that was reliable and fun to drive.

I'm unsure about the diesel option, but there have been a few Liberty's on the rides that I've gone on, and they've done ok keeping up in the mild trails. Of course the ones that have been there have some lift and tires too though. They actually don't look bad with a lift and tires.

cb9fdc1c649aa71d4f04b69e4a755e50.jpg

Reactions: Serbonze and Chris
I'm unsure about the diesel option, but there have been a few Liberty's on the rides that I've gone on, and they've done ok keeping up in the mild trails. Of course the ones that have been there have some lift and tires too though. They actually don't look bad with a lift and tires.

Oh wow, that's the best looking Liberty I've seen!

They look pretty ugly stock, but that one looks fantastic.