Has anyone found a good interior trim paint match for saddle?

I know this isn't what this thread is aimed at, but I found two things today some Sahara owners could find helpful. Upholstery shop had a ton of ACC fabric swatches sitting around and I looked through them. This one matched my '98 carpet almost perfectly.

PXL_20220927_155219709.jpg

PXL_20220927_155315559.jpg

Reactions: SSTJ
Also, reference the green inset in our seats, there's two different versions. Earlier which is slightly "greener" and later which is a little more "blue'ish." The break is '97-'98 & '99-'02? Both are impossible to find evidently, but the replacement material that is supposed to replace both only matches the older style:

PXL_20220927_153335976.jpg

Reactions: KuppaT
I know this isn't what this thread is aimed at, but I found two things today some Sahara owners could find helpful. Upholstery shop had a ton of ACC fabric swatches sitting around and I looked through them. This one matched my '98 carpet almost perfectly.

View attachment 362470

View attachment 362471

That looks really good. I tried that same sample for my 97SE “saddle tan” but it wasn’t quite as good a match.

But of course it’s hard to know whether any of us have carpets that really still match their original colors.

Yeah, their "saddle tan" wasn't even close. Or are you saying you tried the medium doeskin on yours and it didn't match well? I think the rugs are fairly resistant to fade, but I made sure to compare it to a spot under the seat hidden from the sun so I'm pretty confident it's a good match for '97-'98 tan carpet at least.

Yeah, their "saddle tan" wasn't even close. Or are you saying you tried the medium doeskin on yours and it didn't match well? I think the rugs are fairly resistant to fade, but I made sure to compare it to a spot under the seat hidden from the sun so I'm pretty confident it's a good match for '97-'98 tan carpet at least.

According to my notes, ACC said that 4640 (dark saddle) and 9777 (medium beige) were original colors. But I found 7140 (medium saddle) to match better. I think I also had that same Medium Doeskin in my set of samples, but I'll have to check.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Yeah, I had medium beige and dark saddle in my samples. They weren't even close for me. Still have them actually. I should have put them up next to the sample but forgot. Maybe I'll do it when I go back in a month or so.

Also, reference the green inset in our seats, there's two different versions. Earlier which is slightly "greener" and later which is a little more "blue'ish." The break is '97-'98 & '99-'02? Both are impossible to find evidently, but the replacement material that is supposed to replace both only matches the older style:

View attachment 362474

Where can I find the best replacement (green and spice) cloth for my 1998 Sahara seats??

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-09 at 18.42.33.jpeg

I went to a custom automotive upholstery shop to get my work done. He ordered it but had to call around to a bunch of different sources to find it. I know that isn't particularly helpful, but what I mean is I don't think it's something you are going to be able to order from a catalogue yourself. It's likely something long since discontinued and all that's left is what somebody has sitting on a shelf somewhere. Have you tried a luck upholstery shop around you?

That really sucks. You'd think a paint dealer would be very open to mixing colors to what their customers needed. Maybe call SEM and tell them their dealer wasn't open to providing that service. SEM might want to have a talk with them.

My local SEM dealer had no issues at all doing this. It took them about 45 minutes and obviously some skill in getting the color perfect, but the guy definitely nailed it. Cost was not cheap (about $55 for the pint), but to get exactly what I needed it was well worth it to me.

I know this is old, but did they give you a mix sticker or card on the bottle? I need this exact thing, and I don’t know if I have a SEM dealer local to me.
Thx!
-jb

I know this is old, but did they give you a mix sticker or card on the bottle? I need this exact thing, and I don’t know if I have a SEM dealer local to me.
Thx!
-jb

I think the website shows all local shops. I remember calling a regional number, and that individual gave me the name and address of the nearest SEM mixer. But it was too far, so I never followed through and I don’t know the answer to your question.

I used SEM 15173. It seems like a good match to the very faded saddle color in my Jeep. I also used Chrysler Agate for the rear of my faded map holder.

20230801_085800.jpg

Reactions: Andy-WhiteTJ