Has anyone found a good interior trim paint match for saddle?

The best I can describe it is that 97-98 interior has a more orangey tint to it. 99 changed and has a more sand appearance. I have a 98 and bought a set of seats from a 99 and they do not match the 98s. The console I purchased used from a newer wrangler does not match my dash either. 1997-1998 was Saddle. 1999 started Camel.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
The best I can describe it is that 97-98 interior has a more orangey tint to it. 99 changed and has a more sand appearance. I have a 98 and bought a set of seats from a 99 and they do not match the 98s. The console I purchased used from a newer wrangler does not match my dash either. 1997-1998 was Saddle. 1999 started Camel.

Yep, I also noticed that in the other threads that @SkylinesSuck linked, no one had the same color code that I do, which is T6. We'll see if T6 is the one that actually matches this SEM recipe. I'll update here when I know.

@Chris , yours is an 04, I think? I wonder what your color code is. Probably not T6 like mine, so whatever happens on mine may not end up working for you and vice versa?

I’m working on my Black -> Tan conversion and found these super cheap. How close will they match to the Sem 15173 once I paint the dash parts?

F9BC0AE6-FE72-4FDA-AD9E-069F79A444A0.jpeg

D72F804C-CDFF-4BDD-B3B6-0828CE200915.jpeg

84B9F15B-2B7D-4334-AEFA-C2C76C1E7451.jpeg

I don't think it's possible to say unless you know the "Trim code" of the Jeep they came out of. Do you know that? It's a four-digit code on the sticker placed on the door jamb.
All I was able to gather was it came from a 2000 sport with red doors. Trying to get time to send me the vin.

Reactions: SSTJ
More thinking outloud, these are my current panels, am I better off getting the ones I posted above, selling these and then painting the dash or keep my current ones and painting everything at once.

5262B29F-D4B5-4D33-B3C2-6E5DC3076178.jpeg

388C5A20-DA56-441E-A20E-4EF65E32A5F1.jpeg

If the rest of your panel is the same color black, then I think you might be happier if you just paint everything the same way. That way you can be sure it'll all match.

I know this is an old thread. I am new to the forum and new to Jeep Wranglers. I just bought a 99 TJ Sahara with the typical crack on the top of the driver door panel. I bought one on eBay that is in pretty good shape but, unfortunately, it is the wrong color. It is spice and the Sahara trip is tan. The trim code on my car is M5KG.

Other than the crack on the door panel the Jeep is perfect!. From the desert in Nevada so not rust and only 82K miles. The only thing wrong with the Jeep was a cracked fog light lense.

Anyone have any suggestions? I think I have three options: live with the slightly different color, live with the crack in the one with the right color or paint the one that isn't cracked. Any suggestions on where to get paint that would match.

Thanks for your help.

I know this is an old thread. I am new to the forum and new to Jeep Wranglers. I just bought a 99 TJ Sahara with the typical crack on the top of the driver door panel. I bought one on eBay that is in pretty good shape but, unfortunately, it is the wrong color. It is spice and the Sahara trip is tan. The trim code on my car is M5KG.

Other than the crack on the door panel the Jeep is perfect!. From the desert in Nevada so not rust and only 82K miles. The only thing wrong with the Jeep was a cracked fog light lense.

Anyone have any suggestions? I think I have three options: live with the slightly different color, live with the crack in the one with the right color or paint the one that isn't cracked. Any suggestions on where to get paint that would match.

Thanks for your help.

I haven’t reread this thread in a while, but one other idea for you is to search this forum for how to fix that crack. Some others have done it pretty well, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your help.
I was in the same situation. This is the link to the repair thread https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/interior-maintenance-restoration-and-repair.31951/post-631884 which I never got around to doing but others have had success with.

My painting skills top out at rattle caning bumpers so I just put down some epoxy and and a gear sticker over the crack.

@SkylinesSuck , I am finally returning to this project. I just re-read this thread and I see that I never asked what your interior trim code is. That'd help me determine whether it's worth trying the same color that didn't quite work for you.

@SkylinesSuck , I am finally returning to this project. I just re-read this thread and I see that I never asked what your interior trim code is. That'd help me determine whether it's worth trying the same color that didn't quite work for you.

Out of town without the Jeep at the moment but I'll be back in a few days. If you don't hear from me by this weekend remind me 👍

Reactions: SSTJ
I've read every thread I can find on the subject of painting the dash (in my case, the passenger airbag cover), so, I'm trying to put all this info together.

Like on the VIN sticker pictured above, my '97 Sahara has a trim code of M5TJ. From what I understand the M5 refers to the style of seat. So concentrating on the TJ part of the code I called SEM, mentioned the TJ as the trim code and Saddle as the name and I was told the TJ actually refers to Saddle and Moss green interior colors (which my Jeep has). The nice guy at SEM told me the Saddle color of my plastic hard surfaces (dash/door cards) was actually Chrysler "Saddle code T6" which equals SEM code #4976. Does this make sense? Do I have this correct?

I'm planning on visiting a local paint house tomorrow and asking them to mix up some #4976 and put it in an spray can.

I dealt with this exact same issue a few months ago when I was refinishing a door panel. Here is what I learned. Don't depend on the paint codes that the SEM dealers have! The paint that the dealer mixed according the to color code that they had wasn't even close. Take a panel that is the color that you to SEM dealer and have him mix paint to match it. The dealer in Southern California did a perfect match!

Reactions: Huckster
I dealt with this exact same issue a few months ago when I was refinishing a door panel. Here is what I learned. Don't depend on the paint codes that the SEM dealers have! The paint that the dealer mixed according to the formula that they had wasn't even close. Take a panel that is the color that you want to the SEM dealer and have him mix paint to match it. The dealer in Southern California did a perfect match!