Has anyone installed the Currie front axle Johnny Joint?

Kris M

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Has anyone installed or using this front axle kit from Currie? Very tempted to make this addition.

4B440C66-B2CF-4AE4-A002-626166CBF36E.png

I've installed and used many of them. What difference are you looking to make?

Just to loose the binding from the stationary stock set up. I think with all the other connections being JJ this would be nothing but improvement and let all the control arm points move the same or equal.

Just to loose the binding from the stationary stock set up. I think with all the other connections being JJ this would be nothing but improvement and let all the control arm points move the same or equal.
I've never found the stock bushings to be the limiting factor and with the Currie stuff installed, I don't believe any of us would be able to tell the difference. I'm not against them, I use and install them, I just typically can't tell the difference.

I've never found the stock bushings to be the limiting factor and with the Currie stuff installed, I don't believe any of us would be able to tell the difference. I'm not against them, I use and install them, I just typically can't tell the difference.

Good to know thank you for the reply.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
What do you find to be the limiting factor? I thought the reason for the Johnny joint is to improve articulation.

School me on the point of these joints?

School me on the point of these joints?

Compare the stock tube side tower to what the Currie creates. Also, is the shock travel greater than stock, causing the bushing to rotate more than it was intended to?