Has anyone installed this GR8TOPS XTOP?

It might be a @jscherb design. I know he's done a few other hardtops
It is not my design, but when I first finished building my Wrangler pickup and before I built the hardtop I designed for it, Gr8Tops lent me one of their to test:

attachment.jpg

I had it on my pickup for a couple of months until I built the one I designed:

Retro1_zpspobsgwgc.jpg

RetroWranglerHT4.jpg

I offered my design to Gr8Tops, but they weren't interested.

HalfCabProject4.jpg

I thought they'd be interested in my design because it's modular and can be installed without cutting the factory roll bar but they said they'd rather stick with their existing design.

Thank you.

I did a detailed step-by-step build thread for the project but I'm not sure how useful it is anymore - at the time I had a Scrambler so I was most active on the CJ-8 forum and I did the build thread there. Unfortunately during a server or software change the forum lost most of the photos so the thread is there but without a lot of pictures: https://www.cj-8.com/threads/ot-retro-wrangler-willys-pickup-long.18796/

I still have all the photos here so if anyone has a question or wants to see any detail I'd be happy to answer and post photos.

Shortly after I finished the build, JP Magazine did an article on the project, although they got the $$ wrong, I spent far less on it than they said.

JpArticle.jpg

It's been a daily driver since I finished the project in 2009, it now has about 95,000 miles on it as a pickup. Here are a few more recent photos:

SanibelCauseway2_zpsgqvx14r9.jpg

SanibelCauseway3_zpsc4kclcx4.jpg