Has anyone run the Eaton e-lockers?

sorry about my earlier post guys, I was making a joke because I thought it was well known that eaton makes good lockers

You lucked out son, I was this close to making that call to my cousins.
200.gif

All bullshit aside I’d like to know what the collective thinks because I’m getting ready to regear and planning on the elocker in the rear, never heard there was a problem with them?

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
All bullshit aside I’d like to know what the collective thinks because I’m getting ready to regear and planning on the elocker in the rear, never heard there was a problem with them?
The only "problem" I am aware of is that they unlock when changing direction and do not re-engage for 1/4 wheel turn. I believe this is still true, but don't run one so that's just what I known in reading. So far on my list is an ARB air locker until I find otherwise.

Reactions: tworley
The only "problem" I am aware of is that they unlock when changing direction and do not re-engage for 1/4 wheel turn. I believe this is still true, but don't run one so that's just what I known in reading. So far on my list is an ARB air locker until I find otherwise.
Even if they do (which I've not noticed), it has never been an issue on my rig on any obstacle.

Thanks to all that have posted their good experiences with the e-lockers. Most of the time you just hear about issues which can give you the wrong perception.

That being said, I now have an opportunity to either contact Eaton to see if they will replace the damaged parts or, send them back and go with ARB Airlockers.

Anybody have experience with both?

I went to get Eaton's for the LJ but they were on huge back order so pivoted to ARB as I needed to get something in.

Now I also have an on board compressor.

Reactions: Just Chillin
I recently had a problem with my elocker that turned out to be a bad plug. The wire coming out of the differential plugs into the power about 8 inches outside the diff. Somehow the plug didn’t make good contact. I called Eaton up and they said I could replace the plug with any Amazon weather tech plug or just solder them wires together. I picked the second option. Everything worked just fine after that.

After my experience with the powertrax no-slip, I'm going to build a HP Dana 30. I'm still unsure why they failed, but I no longer trust them to not leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Has anyone run the eaton e-lockers? I read somehwere that when going from forward to reverse that they unlock, but I can't find the post right now.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/16100_1011_07.htm
I still plan on staying 31s, or at most 33s, and stock 3.73 or 4.10 gearing.

Side note, someone local has a set of rubicon axles for about what these lockers/etc will cost me. The problem is they have 5.13 gearing in them. Would it be worth the added cost to get them and regear them back to 4.10?
I have had a E locker in my Dana 30 for 20,000 miles and it works great.
In my Dana 35 it has had 2 magnets fail one at 14,000 miles & again at 19,000 miles also had a return spring give up at 10,000 miles.
I run 31" tires and 373 gears with no problems. The Dana 35 is now going to be replaced with a Dana 44 and a new E locker.

The sad thing is the Dana 60 and 70 models are open to lock and have a really good fully mechanical design, not sure why they dont implement that into all the others. Plus they are US made, my Eaton is made in Mexico.
Are you still referring to the clutch pack-based ECTED? The ECTED's clutch pack is its weakness.