Has anyone tried OX lockers?

I've found that the single best way to combat bullshit is just to start throwing back larger amounts.

This is a dumb argument. You don't leave your rig in the garage because you might get a flat tire. You don't avoid going offroad because you might break something. We don't ever want to, but the potential for doing so increases higher and faster the more we go. If 100% reliability is the only way you will walk out the door in the morning, you'll spend the rest of your days in the house. That isn't to say that there is a higher level of failure with the other options because that isn't true. Just don't pick out something like "adding complexity" or "minimizing points of failure" as key points in a discussion where such things are of far lesser importance than they are being made out to be.

The only person so far with a legitimate reason for picking the OX locker is the guy who likes levers. Note he didn't say they worked better, were more reliable, or anything other than "I like levers" and that is fully legit.

Again, don't "Strawman" or mischaracterize my position.
Gotta leave the driveway unless it isn't 100% reliable?
When did i ever say that?
Who said that?
Did i miss it?
Was that even insinuated?

Either argue on merit or let it go.

Your reacting rather then responding.

If you even read anything, then you would of noticed how I emphasized several times that all 3 are reliable.

Some folks place a higher emphasis on simplicity, if your not one of them... say your peace, and move on.

Last edited:

Some folks place a higher emphasis on simplicity, if your not one of them... say your piece, and move on.

E locker then? That one has the fewest moving parts and the most freedom for routing the connection between the switch and the locker.

A Detroit has even less going on.

A spool or welded diff is still the absolute simplest option. But the OP wants levers to yank on.

E locker then? That one has the fewest moving parts and the most freedom for routing the connection between the switch and the locker.

A spool or welded diff is still the absolute simplest option. But the OP wants levers to yank on.

The new Elocker I like.
Actuators have little wear and tear.

I wouldnt run a spool, since i dd mine and hit snow at times.

Jesus, dude. He’s asking a question and looking for input. You need to relax before you give yourself a goddamn aneurysm.

Stop being a dick. You have a bad habit of treating people like they’re idiots and that shit needs to stop.
When Blaine jumps hard on something it's typically because he wants poor information to be killed on the first page. Most people who search this thread after we all left will only read the first page. If it takes Blaine 3 pages to explain why information is wrong then most people will never read that far and ask the same question again.

As far as Blaine making people feel like idiots that is undoubtedly true. He's done it to me on more than one occasion. If you see Blaine quoted you just make sure you go in knowing you're probably being called out on something and can either get offended or use it as a learning experience.

@Blaine, dont "straw man" this argument, my statement of FACT is simple...

A system or assembly that has less dependent components , less complexity, is therefore less prone to failure.

And to be ultra clear, ill repeat what i said at the start of the thread... all 3 lockers discussed in this thread are good, proven, and reliable. So holster your fucking pistols.

But dont try to argue that a simple cable mechansim is equal to an electrical/pneumatic setup.

If your going to point out crimps and springs... then apply that same review to pnuematic and electrical assemblies.
I'm not saying that a simple cable system is equal at all. It is decidedly inferior if you consider complexity as a deciding criteria. It is decidedly inferior if you consider ease of routing and protection of the component as a deciding factor.
It is decidedly inferior if you consider cost as a deciding factor. Those are the actual facts and not opinion.

When Blaine jumps hard on something it's typically because he wants poor information to be killed on the first page. Most people who search this thread after we all left will only read the first page. If it takes Blaine 3 pages to explain why information is wrong then most people will never read that far and ask the same question again.

As far as Blaine making people feel like idiots that is undoubtedly true. He's done it to me on more than one occasion. If you see Blaine quoted you just make sure you go in knowing you're probably being called out on something and can either get offended or use it as a learning experience.

Is your statement true for this thread?

A Detroit has even less going on.

We can do levers. Do they have to hook up to anything?

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I have had more air lines fail than wires in Industry
I've had more issues with poor workmanship than any system. I'm fixing one right now.
ARB copper line.PNG

That shit right there tends to bring out the asshole in anyone considering the client was charged good money to do a simple job.

One last comment where Blaine is concerned. I am friends with a woman who loves Jeeping. She is not afraid to do trails that would scare the shit out of 99% of us. She was having a long-term problem with her Jeep, one that caused misfires and a Check Engine light only when going up or down a long mountain highway with a big change in elevation. Several shops charged her big $$$ and just threw parts at it but they never fixed the problem.

I kept advising her to take her Jeep to Blaine so it could finally be fixed. She was scared to death of Blaine based on what those shops and some friends told her... those being people who had never actually met him in person. I was wheeling with her over a weekend last month and sat and talked with her for close to an hour and finally convinced her to go to Blaine. She was scared to death. In fact I was supposed to go with her to introduce them so she'd feel better about it. I ended up not being able to go for work reasons. He fixed the problem in an hour or two and it didn't require replacing any parts.

I texted her right after she came back from Blaine's to see how it went since I had to talk her into going to see him... this is what she texted back. And if anyone thinks this is BS, this is a screenshot of that conversation. So it just goes to show that what comes across on the screen is not usually what is truth in reality. :)

View attachment 110013
You can stop doing that anytime. I don't really care what folks think of me.

Reactions: Chris and EzPeezy
I dunno how you could take it any other way. It is true in my opinion.

I disagree, but its all good.
I really dont care, other than trying to keep this forum free from becoming cesspool like that "other" jeep forum.

See you all on the trail.

I've had more issues with poor workmanship than any system. I'm fixing one right now. View attachment 110020

That shit right there tends to bring out the asshole in anyone considering the client was charged good money to do a simple job.

Same thing happened to mine a few years ago only 2 months after a "professional installation".

43.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Alex01