Has anyone used Quadratec Baja Xtreme II Wheels?

Don Ashcraft

TJ Enthusiast
I’m going to be getting new wheels and tires in a couple months and I’ve been trying to do so research into what I can get for the money. I really like the soft 8 style and originally I was set on 15x8 American Racing 172 Baja in satin black.
The thing is, after research, discussion, etc, I’ve decided to stay with 31” to 32” tires and stay with the 2” lift. It’s really best for my Jeep and my current needs.

So...with that in mind I’ve been questioning on how the 3.75” backspace of the AR 172s will effect my jeeps stance. I wonder if they will push the tires too far out and look awkward for the height of the tires. I found that Quadratec sells a wheel that is very similar to Mickey Thompson Classic III wheels but the quadratec wheels have only 4” backspace.

Does anyone have any insight, experience or generally useful thoughts on wheels with 3.75” vs 4” on smaller tires?

Here’s a link to the wheels I’m talking about. There’s not a lot of reviews out there for them.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...p-wangler-yj-tj-cherokee-xj-grand-cherokee-zj

I kid in my neighborhood has a set of the Rubicon Extreme wheels from Quadratec and they are actually pretty nice . I helped him with his shocks and springs and they looked to be of good quality when I was removing them . I have thought about them if I go 15s

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
I kid in my neighborhood has a set of the Rubicon Extreme wheels from Quadratec and they are actually pretty nice . I helped him with his shocks and springs and they looked to be of good quality when I was removing them . I have thought about them if I go 15s

Nice. Thanks for the info. 15” is what I’m running now. They looked pretty nice on their website but I’d never seen them in person. There’s been a few on TJs from Davis Autosports, so that probably says something about the quality too.