Has enyone successfully set up an aftermarket temp gauge?

Could you link the dongle that plugs into the OBD2? I found the app but I’m having a hard time finding the transmitter portion.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B011NSX27A/?tag=tjforum-20

I have this one in all my vehicles and works great. I use an app called CarScanner Pro.

FWIW my jeep with the new fan clutch and clean system does not go above 203F at lights or slow driving at 37C here yesterday...99F...but I can't comment on the effect of humidity as we do not have that.

My first thought it to make sure you got the right fan clutch. Some sites and Hayden's own site show both standard rotation AND reverse rotation. (can't confirm but my thought is this would not be possible as they should thread on differently, but that is just a guess)

ps...the link above is Amazon Canadian but should be available from .com as well.

Last edited:
If you’re reading off the OBD port would that not give you the same temp from the unknown factory sender?
Op said:

"Alright, I’ll be honest. I’m fed up with the stock temp gauge and it’s low, med, high shit. And I’m tired of draping my code reader over my leg so I can watch the temp. I know the PCM outputs a numerical ECT."
Could you link the dongle that plugs into the OBD2? I found the app but I’m having a hard time finding the transmitter portion.

For my iPhone a bluetooth dongle didn't want to work so I used wifi dongle. But if you have an android my understanding is the bluetooth works fine.

Op said:

"Alright, I’ll be honest. I’m fed up with the stock temp gauge and it’s low, med, high shit. And I’m tired of draping my code reader over my leg so I can watch the temp. I know the PCM outputs a numerical ECT."

For my iPhone a bluetooth dongle didn't want to work so I used wifi dongle. But if you have an android my understanding is the bluetooth works fine.
I think I’m going to get the WiFi version ( black plastic) of what @Darkwing327 linked above. Fairly inexpensive and gets good reviews.

FWIW, I got rid of my WiFi adapter and got a Bluetooth. I had issues getting Torque Pro to connect to the WiFi but no issues with Bluetooth. I got this one.

i just got This from amazon, thinking of pairing it with the Dash command or OBD2 Fusion app. well see if that is good enough or if i actually need a gauge.

Last edited:
Ebay
Apple = $12 Wifi ELM327
Android = $2 Bluetooth ELM327
No big deal either way, for some reason Apple feels that Bluetooth is a huge security risk. It has nothing to do with the fact Apple sells many products that are Bluetooth and if they enabled cheap clones they wouldn't sell any of their pretty Bluetooth products, nothing at all to do with that. It really is no big deal either way. Fortunately Apple can't disable Wifi to sell more crap, if they could they would.

Reactions: KingCarGuyZ
I found one that does Bluetooth with Apple, but it’s like 50 bucks. And I can get cell to work with WiFi ties to the reader, so my cheap self bought the 15 dollar version.
Just got OBD2Fusion, could have used a free app, but features 😬