Hauling my junk around

Looks good!
Is the 80/20 mounted to the tops of the wheel wells?
I tied them into the rear seat mounts. Used bushings and spacers to get a solid attatchment. Tapped the center hole in the strut 5/16 and bolted the deck down to that on each side. It turned out to be a lot more rigid connection than expected. Gave me a little adjustment as well for leveling.

Reactions: StG58
Got the Scepter water can today. It fits the Motobilt can holders, but the tie down link doesn't fit. Didn't figure it would. A 3/8" eye bolt and a small ratchet strap will work just fine.

Now to get the axe, first aid kit, fire extinguisher and rifle mounts on it.

Oh, and fix the deck rattles when it's empty.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Got the Scepter water can today. It fits the Motobilt can holders, but the tie down link doesn't fit. Didn't figure it would. A 3/8" eye bolt and a small ratchet strap will work just fine.

Now to get the axe, first aid kit, fire extinguisher and rifle mounts on it.

Oh, and fix the deck rattles when it's empty.
Nice work so far...I love a custom job that is tailored to fit you and your needs.(y)

Thanks Kiwi TJ. This one has spent some time rattling around in my head...
Those are the best ones to have..;) You work out all the pros and cons as you ponder different scenarios then you can tweak your ideas....

20190701_134214.jpg

20190701_134200.jpg

Finally got'r done. It took a little noodling around, but the rifle rack is in. As an added bonus, one of the camping boxes fits perfectly between the can holders. I'll show it with the full load out Wednesday. Wife and I are going wheeling in the basalt over by the upper McKenzie for four days over the 4th of July.

Looks great, good job!

I need to know more about those clamps holding the axe... :)

Is that rear rack roll bar mounted or tub mounted? Who makes it?

Thanks
I used the the seat belt mounting bolts and an angle bracket to tie the back of the basket to the Jeep. The brackets hold the basket up enough so the carpet is still removable. The front is mounted to the rear seat brackets on risers.

The basket is just some cheap ATV basket that came as a front and rear set. The measurements were right, so I started with that.

The soft top still goes up and down, and stows normally. Even when the Jeep is loaded. I don't remember who made the basket set, but the set was less than $100.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quigley