Hauling my junk around

pretty slick set up, nice job!!
Thank you. I like evolutionary projects, and this one seems to just work. We'll find out this coming weekend. The only fly in the ointment may be the new ice chest. It fits perfectly, but if it won't keep my mixers cold and drink ice available... Trying dry ice for the first time.

Here she is, as promised. Full load out, 4,250 lbs worth of Jeep, people and gear for four days.
20190703_113135.jpg

20190703_113107.jpg
20190703_113032.jpg

It's going to work out nicely, I think.

Looking good sir!
I really like the way you have the rifle(s) mounted.

I found my rack to be a game changer, I think you’ll love yours.

You even have an Osprey backpack tucked behind the drivers seat.

Last edited:
Reactions: StG58
Looking good sir!
I really like the way you have the rifle(s) mounted.

I found my rack to be a game changer, I think you’ll love yours.

You even have an Osprey backpack tucked behind the drivers seat.
Lol, ya, two Osprey's actually. Mine and the wife's. If it all turns to shyte those give us two - three days to get out of the back woods on Shank's Mare. The suspension on those packs are the best thing since the lightweight Danner military boots came out.

The racking is a game changer. Four and a half days in the pucker brush, no hiccups. Everything was easy to get to without unloading a ton of junk. This mod is right up there with a winch and lockers for me.

I've been wanting one of the shorter barreled 45-70s with threaded barrel for awhile. I love lever guns, but only have a couple. I tend to carry my Tavor in the Jeep, because it's so short. In fact I have 3 bull-pups (2 rifles and a shotgun) and a couple pistols, just for the ease of handling in the Jeep and found they handle very well in other scenarios.

That's a very clean load out.

Reactions: StG58
I've been wanting one of the shorter barreled 45-70s with threaded barrel for awhile. I love lever guns, but only have a couple. I tend to carry my Tavor in the Jeep, because it's so short. In fact I have 3 bull-pups (2 rifles and a shotgun) and a couple pistols, just for the ease of handling in the Jeep and found they handle very well in other scenarios.

That's a very clean load out.
Thank you.

I like my Marlin a lot. Accurate, easy to clean, easy to handle. Sturdy. The wife's Winchester in 444 Marlin is a better rifle and a better round though. My dream rifle is a Pedersoli 86/71 stainless in 444. But, they're extremely rare and hyper expensive now. Missed the boat on that one. Cabelas closed them out a couple of years ago for about $900. They're more than four times that now on the used gun market, if you can find one.