Have fun with your JL

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I think I'll pass on all the stupid electronics and B.S. :risas3:

27332596_10213349110740750_7573070684623646111_n.jpg

Yep, one of the reasons I talked myself out of the JK was the electronics believe it or not! I spent an entire night thinking about that and how it would probably end up kicking me in the ass.

I wouldn't look forward to wrenching on a JL, no sir!

Thirty years ago I picked up a 74 CJ5 for $800. The tub's body mounts were rotted off so I bought a new, rust free tub that was rolled over. I straitened it and replaced it by myself. The next thing was the engine, a 304 V8 oil pump went while idling in my driveway one winter day. I changed engines by myself
Thirty years later I'm hoping my 97 TJ or our 15 Rubicon both go 200,000 miles.
Even though the older the Jeep, the simpler they are to work on, they just never lasted as long as the new ones do.

Last edited:
Reactions: KMG and UpperMI
I’d still like to see a JL in person. I’ll never be able to afford one though.

With a 13 month old, and another on the way, my TJ is not very practical anymore. Hell TJ’s aren’t that practical anyway, just loads of fun!

I’d like to buy a 2012+ JKU so I have something to haul my family in, and be able to get groceries. And use the TJ for the fun weekend vehicle.

Of course a 4-door truck would be nice too.

With a 13 month old, and another on the way, my TJ is not very practical anymore. Hell TJ’s aren’t that practical anyway, just loads of fun!

I’d like to buy a 2012+ JKU so I have something to haul my family in, and be able to get groceries. And use the TJ for the fun weekend vehicle.

I’d go truck if it were me and keep your tj with your growing family and all.

Nope Nope Nope Nope. TJs are practical AF. Clip em in and they are good to go

Keep the TJ

Reactions: Starrs
I think I'll pass on all the stupid electronics and B.S. :risas3:

View attachment 30771
Any context to this?
Did it just pop up while driving down the street as normal?
Could it be from abuse/neglect?
Context would be appropriate here.

I would bet that most owners dont even read their owners manual these days. Something could be written in the manual about how doing x,y, and/or z will result in a issue that turns a light on in the dash. Yet they’ll be the first ones in the dealership complaining about how such and such light is on and they dont know why and its Jeep’s (or any manufacturers) fault for building a crappy Jeep/car/truck/

All that said...TJ/LJ>JK and JL anyday. :cool:

Let the bashing continue :risas3:

When I had my '07 JKR, I would have eventually put a mechanically actuated sway bar disconnect, and skipped the electronic gadgetry altogether. It's like an OX locker, in that there is a cable actuated version you can control from the cab. The hand actuated version only takes a few seconds.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TEA0WXC/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Wonder if people did some of the same things when electronic fuel injection came to the marketplace or when electronic in tank fuel pumps came to fruition? Were people hesitant whwn electric choke became a thing? What about electronic adjustable mirrors? Why are people so hesitant when it comes to all of the elctronics in the new JL or JK..?

Any context to this?
Did it just pop up while driving down the street as normal?
Could it be from abuse/neglect?
Context would be appropriate here.

I would bet that most owners dont even read their owners manual these days. Something could be written in the manual about how doing x,y, and/or z will result in a issue that turns a light on in the dash. Yet they’ll be the first ones in the dealership complaining about how such and such light is on and they dont know why and its Jeep’s (or any manufacturers) fault for building a crappy Jeep/car/truck/

All that said...TJ/LJ>JK and JL anyday. :cool:

Let the bashing continue :risas3:

No context unfortunately other than someone on the JK forum said that they only have 600 miles on their JL and that lift popped up.

I was just poking fun at the fact that with all this modern technology, you also get a lot more electronic bull crap. Now I realize there are both pros and cons to that, but when it comes to the type of vehicle the Wrangler is, I see the extra electronics (i.e. TPMS, ABS, Traction Control, etc.) as being more crap I don't want to mess with.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
There’s a lot more to getting to the backseats. Not much room back there...I get what he is saying.

Yes I agree. We have a Mercedes ML for the family car but my boys are 10-12 and they love climbing in the Jeep through the side. (“ you better step on the tire and not the fender lol )
The TJ is what it is and it comes around with kids

I learned to set timing with a timing light and set points with a dwell meter and was one of those who hated to see even electronic ignition let alone electronic fuel injection.
Thinking back to those days we wouldn't find out we were having locker problems until we were stuck 100 miles from nowhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: KCsTJ