Have I already defeated my own TJ purpose?

I can pop the front door lock in less that 2 seconds. (I learned from the scumbag who tried to steal mine)🤬. Most thieves don't know much about different models of cars but do know that convertible soft tops are easy to slice open. I've heard stories of people who don't even lock their doors and still get their top cut. When I daily drove my Jeep I removed the front door locks and installed electric. I also kept a padlock on my swing out tire carried to protect the back. After I did this I didn't have anymore attempts to break in to my Jeep with the hartop installed.

Plus the zippers are on the outside. If they don't have a box cutter or pocket knife, they can take an extra 5 seconds and unzip the windows.

Your profile says you're in Washington?

Framless tops suck ass. I hate mine so much I want to throw it in the trash. Some will disagree (and that's fine), but never in a million years would I choose a frameless top over a framed top again, especially after owning both. In my defense, this TJ came with one from the previous owner.

Why do you hate frameless tops? I ask this as I've never owned/used one. I only have experience with the Bestop NX factory style top with the frame.

Why do you hate frameless tops? I ask this as I've never owned/used one. I only have experience with the Bestop NX factory style top with the frame.
He's trying to be suspenseful and make us all wait on his answer. Kind of like Joe Biden trying to answer any question involving his son, court packing or phasing out the oil industry. :rolleyes: I will tell you AFTER the election IF I win. Too late.

Last edited:

They just don’t make sense to me. You can’t really take the entire top down because the top portion is basically a bikini top. I mean you can, but where do you store all the pieces?

Reactions: jeepguy03
So not 5 minutes after I posted this, I went out to put the windows on the Rampage top because it is raining here in Nashville today.

And sure enough, this happens:

View attachment 199329

Rampage sucks.

:rolleyes:
😍 Karma. I bragged about my stock Mopar radiator lasting 21 years on my 99'. It cracked three days later. I guess there is a God and SHE listens (and remembers everything you say for years!).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NDSpeed
They just don’t make sense to me. You can’t really take the entire top down because the top portion is basically a bikini top. I mean you can, but where do you store all the pieces?
The same place you store the stock top windows, In your garage unless you're expecting rain.😊

T
Thanks, that's what I figured. :cool: I read the same thing about them and opted for the Bestop NX frame top. Living in New England where the weather changes every 5 minutes and working an hour or more from home I didn't want to risk being caught without the ability to put the top up.

I’m not a big fan of my frameless top.

I enjoyed the factory soft tops ease of going fully topless.

but I also run dual tops and prefer the soft top.

if I lived in a place like OZ that only had two seasons wet or dry. I too would go with the soft top and half doors.

I love my half doors and will be getting the fiberglass uppers with the sliding window. (Eventually).

Reactions: Fishtaco
😍 Karma. I bragged about my stock Mopar radiator lasting 21 years on my 99'. It cracked three days later. I guess there is a God and SHE listens (and remembers everything you say for years!).

the female God makes so much sense

i tried selling my sons forester.
Guy is gone fort 5 minutes. Comes back huge cloud of white smoke trailing the car. Engine bay completely soaked in coolant. The radiator broke at the upper hose mount. Head gasket is probably toast since it is a Subaru.

What is CBD mean? I know it must be like a Condo.
Central Business District. I live within the City not a suburb I live in and own a Double Shotgun half in the city, these houses have no front drive or garage as they were originally workers houses who build a city. Plenty of them in places like NOLA.

Last edited:
T

Thanks, that's what I figured. :cool: I read the same thing about them and opted for the Bestop NX frame top. Living in New England where the weather changes every 5 minutes and working an hour or more from home I didn't want to risk being caught without the ability to put the top up.

Yeah, the frame top is just so much easier. I've owned both, and you can take the frame top completely up or completely down in a short amount of time, whereas with the Trektop you've always got a bikini top even if you take the windows off.