Have you ever added up how much money you’ve put into your TJ?

mxz800

Instigator
Supporting Member
You have in the money pit we call the Jeep? The wife says the cost of buying my 2004 (About 3k with taxes) plus all the stuff I've bought plus the new paint job its almost 9k.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Flair
200.gif

9k.

If I went back and added in all my toys over the years...I’d honestly could have retired at 40. Seriously, it might knocking on the door of a million. Add on interest. God don’t make me think of it. 😂

But I had a lot of fun.

I don’t even want to know. It was $22k when I bought it in 1999 and I’ve spent more than that in the aftermarket crap over the last 21 years. It might be 30-40% Jeep left at best. Worst part is I’ve also built two others in that time for my kids

This kind of information would only make me enemy #1 in my house.

This is not the question you want answered!
340?cb=20140113010635.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Modoc Guy
It’s a lot. We are moving to Canada and I’m trying to negotiate the paperwork to bring it in. I told my wife I didn’t spend the money on it as an investment to get it back. I did it to make it the Jeep I wanted and be buried in it. So, it’s coming with us somehow. Maybe I need to find a broker. I do have a running total I don’t look at often. One sheet for stuff I did to keep it running and the other sheet to track what I spent because I wanted to upgrade or buy something shiny. I can tell you it has cost 129 a month to maintain. I had to have a differential redone early after I bought it and that was a big ticket item, which skewed things.