Having trouble finding upper control arm bushings

My04TJ

Having trouble finding upper control arm bushings that have the same tolerance as the old ones I pulled out. The bolt that runs through the new bushings from auto zone or O'Reilly s has more play than the old ones. Any suggestions?

How much play? It should be ok with a little play as long as the fastener holds torque.

Having trouble finding upper control arm bushings that have the same tolerance as the old ones I pulled out. The bolt that runs through the new bushings from auto zone or O'Reilly s has more play than the old ones. Any suggestions?

Normally it make no sense to replace the bushings on the OEM control arms as they can be difficult to remove and tend to mangle the steel. Just go with a replacement which cost just a bit more then a set of bushings.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A3PZRPO/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Don't worry about it. The size of the hole doesn't matter. If the bolt is correctly torqued the clamping force holds the center in place regardless of the play between the bolt and bushing.

Reactions: Vtx531
Drill it an use a bigger bolt if needed.

I am finding that the parts stores are getting lazy and putting JK bushings in the box and they use a larger bolt. You can drill the arms out and put a larger bolt in there.