Hawk Pride 9-25-21 (Southeast Wheeling)

gasiorv

I'm a new world samurai, and a redneck nonetheless
Supporting Member
If you follow my build thread or NashvilleLJ build thread you probably already seen these and read about our trip. But I figured I would post up the links to the videos in the Wheeling Trip section to highlight some Southeast wheeling. It was a great day but it rained earlier in the week and the Alabama clay was super slick on the shale, it was tough to get traction and to hold a line without sliding off (lateral traction was nill). Hawk Pride has recently (last spring) done some work on their access roads and it has made the park so much better, the trails have always been good, but the access roads were awful if it rained, they fixed that for now.

If you are in a 3 hr radius of Hawk Pride it is a worthwile day trip. If you are in a 6 hr radius, definitely add it to your list to hit for a weekend. They have on-site camping, on-site cabin rental, and there is some decent hotels in nearby Florence, Tuscumbia, and Muscle Shoals.
One of the things that I like about Hawk Pride is that the trails are very tight and the consequences of failure are low (you may hit a rock or tree, or end up on your side, but you won't be rolling off a freakin cliff). But since the trails are so tight (from both rocks and also tree branches hanging down) if you are concerned about getting a scratch or two, you may want to stick to the easy trails.

If you are heading that way, let me know, I would be happy to show you around if I am available (I fall into the 3 hr day trip range).

Here is the videos:

All day overview highlighting NashvilleLJ Rig

Morning overview highlighting gasiorv Rig

Merlin

Maverick