Head scratcher for today

I realize that you and I are wired different but I do acknowledge that you have a lot of experience. I also appreciate your help you have given me and I also (while sometimes being a smart ass) do try to help people also and pass along the good gesture.
Neither of us can help the way we are. Trying to be someone other than who you are doesn't do much except cause anxiety. That and if I thought doing the little that I did for you would change how you treat me, I wouldn't have done it.

I just spent a couple of days trying to explain to someone who would have no part of it that I really did not have a choice but to buy him a set of brake pads of his choosing since he was unable to make ours work. He refused to get it.

Be happy you are not in the airplane industry... Owners claim their so broke as they go on a 4 week vacation with their 80K 5th wheel, pulling 2 RZRs worth more than both of my jeeps but wont spend money on fixing their airplanes properly...

Neither of us can help the way we are. Trying to be someone other than who you are doesn't do much except cause anxiety. That and if I thought doing the little that I did for you would change how you treat me, I wouldn't have done it.

I just spent a couple of days trying to explain to someone who would have no part of it that I really did not have a choice but to buy him a set of brake pads of his choosing since he was unable to make ours work. He refused to get it.
Blaine, did you ever use those tools I sent you? I love mine!

Be happy you are not in the airplane industry... Owners claim their so broke as they go on a 4 week vacation with their 80K 5th wheel, pulling 2 RZRs worth more than both of my jeeps but wont spend money on fixing their airplanes properly...
My help and I discuss this frequently. We are all built the same way in that regard or at least most I have run into are. We all have a number for something and that is based on our value system. For certain things, I don't care how much I spend on it. For other things lower on the priority list, if it goes 1 dollar over that number, I won't buy it.

I'm broke where a lot of things are concerned. Not so much if it is something I want. I need 40 feet of 3-4 high CMU retaining wall out front. My number is 4 grand. I really want that wall done but not enough to pay double which is about the price of the quotes so far.

I needed a small bench top shop press. I paid twice what I spent on a HF version many years ago for a 10 ton Dake. It was a need, not a want.

Blaine, did you ever use those tools I sent you? I love mine!
All the time.
We just installed a set of extended boat sides that weren't extended enough. I had to make short 3" sections and weld them to the ends to get all the way over into the wheel well.

Unless I tell you they have been extended, you can't tell.
DSC_4884.JPG

Reactions: Jerry Bransford