Head unit won't eject cassette

Bow Wow Wow,s first hit was c30 c60 c90 Go! They never released any songs on vinyl to start with only cassettes because Malcom McLaren's belief was cassettes were the way of the future along with the Sony Walkman and stealing everyone else's music for free :) Fuck I am getting old :(

That is hilarious! My face hurts from smiling! Is the vocalist a woman?

That is hilarious! My face hurts from smiling! Is the vocalist a woman?
Dont swear at me! Thats Annabella :) Malcom McLaren found her singing to herself in a laundromat when she was 14, Pirate theme is pirating or stealing music for free and cassettes were the easiest way to do it!
You may have heard this before?

or this

But not this!

or this

Last edited:
8 track carry cases made made for a pretty good arm rest when cruising. Cassette cases were a bit too low.

s-l300.jpg

I'd take an old tube vinyl player over a streaming iFruit any day. Way more frequencies being transmitted.
Even if you’re hearing is excellent, the likelihood that you’re hearing anything different above 20kHz (or at all) is unlikely due to both microphone and speaker performance, they are either physically or artificially capped with a low pass filter since beyond that exceeds human hearing after being an infant. The digital version can also sample faster and bring it to 44.1kHz making it technically more information in the same space (this assumes a high kbps such as 320, or more for the master track).

So even on a high end system/headphones/monitors - the actual difference is typically negligible at best due to that. However I will agree that a tube amp adds a nice warmth and of course, a preference for one vs the other can’t be argued with - only the physics can be discussed.

Reactions: InOmaha
As long as your digital has all the information and your headphones are good, digital is good. But streaming Pandora to Bluetooth headphones is noticeably different than a high quality CD.

Same as watching a movie on an iPad versus an 8k 85 inch TV. You consume pixels either way.

At a certain distance 1080p and 4k look the same.

:)

Reactions: rasband
As long as your digital has all the information and your headphones are good, digital is good. But streaming Pandora to Bluetooth headphones is noticeably different than a high quality CD.

Same as watching a movie on an iPad versus an 8k 85 inch TV. You consume pixels either way.

At a certain distance 1080p and 4k look the same.

:)
There’s still something to be said for a good vinyl and tube amp setup, it’s a different experience.

Reactions: John Cooper
You can get simple new age stereos Without all the fancy looks. Someone on this site was talking about getting one a little while back. They even posted a picture of it.

Was it you @Zorba ?

You can get simple new age stereos Without all the fancy looks. Someone on this site was talking about getting one a little while back. They even posted a picture of it.

Was it you @Zorba ?
Yep, me and at least 2 other forum members - and I'd sure put one of these in rather than the stock unit. Mine just has AM/FM/WX and takes geek sticks. There are others models from the same line that have CD players, Bluetooth, etc if you want that.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CD5ATLA/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Get a single DIN adapter and in it goes - no light show, and its rugged and water resistant.

Last edited:
Reactions: MountaineerTom
Even if you’re hearing is excellent, the likelihood that you’re hearing anything different above 20kHz (or at all) is unlikely due to both microphone and speaker performance, they are either physically or artificially capped with a low pass filter since beyond that exceeds human hearing after being an infant. The digital version can also sample faster and bring it to 44.1kHz making it technically more information in the same space (this assumes a high kbps such as 320, or more for the master track).

So even on a high end system/headphones/monitors - the actual difference is typically negligible at best due to that. However I will agree that a tube amp adds a nice warmth and of course, a preference for one vs the other can’t be argued with - only the physics can be discussed.
No other frequency needed with Dark Side of the Moon, Vinyl cassette CD or Digital.

Dont swear at me! Thats Annabella :) Malcom McLaren found her singing to herself in a laundromat when she was 14, Pirate theme is pirating or stealing music for free and cassettes were the easiest way to do it!
You may have heard this before?

or this

But not this!

or this

Now I remember, and it's been a long time since I head any of their music.

thanks for the response, would there be some sort of write up on this?
Below are the two threads that I used to get started. If you can let me know the unit number on top of the stereo (you need to pull it to look), or the three letter code (like RBK, etc), then I can hopefully give you more accurate and detailed information. The website I used for my specific stereo model is no longer in service, so I am trying to find out if it moved already.

The Allpar site has excellent instruction for nearly all of the Chrysler stereos from a repair/restoration viewpoint.

Updatification

Allpar

Below are the two threads that I used to get started. If you can let me know the unit number on top of the stereo (you need to pull it to look), or the three letter code (like RBK, etc), then I can hopefully give you more accurate and detailed information. The website I used for my specific stereo model is no longer in service, so I am trying to find out if it moved already.

The Allpar site has excellent instruction for nearly all of the Chrysler stereos from a repair/restoration viewpoint.

Updatification

Allpar
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. The head unit three letter code is RBA if that helps at all.