Headlight Adjustment Bracket

Kevin E

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Seems like the adjustment brackets are hard to come by. Had the driver side vertical adjustment screw strip out or the plastic cracked. Headlight is duct taped ftom behind to hold it down. Thought I would just replace both brackets but not finding them without the headlight which I don't need. Anybody have a solution?

Damn, I found them used ok eBay without the headlights but they want $64 each.

I don't have a solution unfortunately. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Thanks Chris. I just ordered one from Quadratec . Includes headlight that I don't need but oh well. Paid extra for 2 day shipping and all said 65 bucks!
Least expensive item bought lately:)

Reactions: Chris
Next time look for a headlight 'bucket' on eBay or similar, that is the most commonly used term for that part. I found a pair of cheap used buckets there a couple years ago when mine stripped out and wouldn't hold an adjustment.

Reactions: Kevin E and Chris
Yeah, it looks like you can't get them without purchasing the entire headlight assembly unfortunately.

Next time look for a headlight 'bucket' on eBay or similar, that is the most commonly used term for that part. I found a pair of cheap used buckets there a couple years ago when mine stripped out and wouldn't hold an adjustment.
Thanks Jerry I will check it out.

Excellent. Hopefully decent quality. My passenger side has a small worm clamp holding the cracked plastic together where the adjuster screw goes through...that won't last forever.

I remember taking a car in years ago. To some shop I don't remember. And they had a headlight adjustment board on the wall. That helped them properly adjust the headlights to their perfect angle.

Does anyone know of any place that still does this? I know I can adjust them until people stop flashing me (which they aren't) or just eyeball it on a blank wall. But just curious if I could have them professionally adjusted if possible.

remember taking a car in years ago. To some shop I don't remember. And they had a headlight adjustment board on the wall. That helped them properly adjust the headlights to their perfect angle.

Does anyone know of any place that still does this? I know I can adjust them until people stop flashing me (which they aren't) or just eyeball it on a blank wall. But just curious if I could have them professionally adjusted if possible.

Here's an example: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-aim-and-align-your-headlights.2218/
{updated with a far better example from here...}

I don't know if OEM lights are offset to the right like a lot of cars. (high beam straight, low beams shine slightly to the right) My cheapo LEDs did not have left vs right markings, so I aim them straight....

Installed the brackets from Summit. There is a little story to tell about this, but I felt I should share. So I tried to put my aftermarket headlights in them and they didn't fit. Then I put my OE headlights in and they didn't fit. WTF! Okay, so I did something stupid at the beginning that caused me to put the old seat in the new bracket, but this was my fault. I needed to let out the adjustment because the headlights were hitting the back part of the bracket. How stupid, but for some reason I didn't get it at the beginning. lol I can live with some stupid crap I do. I won't forget if I ever need to do it again, but that is unlikely. Get the Summit part if you need to replace the old ones and save everything. It works like a charm and I am done with that job.

Installed the brackets from Summit. There is a little story to tell about this, but I felt I should share. So I tried to put my aftermarket headlights in them and they didn't fit. Then I put my OE headlights in and they didn't fit. WTF! Okay, so I did something stupid at the beginning that caused me to put the old seat in the new bracket, but this was my fault. I needed to let out the adjustment because the headlights were hitting the back part of the bracket. How stupid, but for some reason I didn't get it at the beginning. lol I can live with some stupid crap I do. I won't forget if I ever need to do it again, but that is unlikely. Get the Summit part if you need to replace the old ones and save everything. It works like a charm and I am done with that job.

I did the same thing lol Super frustrating huh?