Headlight adjustment question

ahumblesensei

Hello everyone. I've been trying to adjust the aim on my new LED headlights for my 03 Wrangler Sport and have been having some issues with the horizontal aiming screws. Every thread I've read talks about 2 screws. Mine has 3 screws. I've managed to figure out that the top one adjusts up and down but can't seem to figure out what the other two do and which direction (clockwise or counter clockwise) does what. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you =)

Capture+_2018-04-08-21-41-35.png

You also have screws for the trim rings in there. Take a look at this diagram posted by admin Chris:

The indentations in the bezel are where the adjusting screws are:

Headlight.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Gotcha...thanks those are def the ones I've messed with but I promise you there is a third one and it's not one of the four that hold the headlight in place. Also..do you happen to have a pic of "fig 1" that the diagram references.

Reactions: gregeckstein
Gotcha...thanks those are def the ones I've messed with but I promise you there is a third one and it's not one of the four that hold the headlight in place. Also..do you happen to have a pic of "fig 1" that the diagram references.

I got that from another post the only thing I can come up with now is from an '06 FSM (don't know if this will help you):

headlightaiming.jpg

Quadratec shows these:

low
lowbeam.jpg

high
hibeam-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I think in order to be of any help the OP is going to need to post some photos for us to see.

You also have screws for the trim rings in there. Take a look at this diagram posted by admin Chris:

The indentations in the bezel are where the adjusting screws are:

View attachment 38184
If you expand the diagram above, you can see another at about the 4:00 position. That's the one you don't adjust.

If you expand the diagram above, you can see another at about the 4:00 position. That's the one you don't adjust.

Yes!! The 4oclock one. So don't touch that one. Got it. I did on one headlight only and it didn't do anything except I THINK move it diaganoly. And then I think I stripped it smh. So before i messed with the other one I figured Id hit the forum lol. I'll post more pictures on Tues night when I get to work on it again. Thanks

Lol. Yup that's what I did too. Managed to get the up and down to where I like it after 4 attempts of...too low...damn it too high..now ones higher than the other lol. What I feel is the problem now is that the beams are too spread out...at least the right one is I think. Trying to fix that aspect but at this point I may just leave it since my fog lights pretty much resolve any light gap issues.