Headlight swap: one not working

jringwolski

Supporting Member
So I am replacing my stock headlights on my ‘04 LJ and passenger side isn’t working with the new headlights. I switched sides with the new headlights and it still didn’t work... both headlights work in the driver side... they worked just fine with the originals prior but now that side does not come in with either light... any ideas?? Thanks in advance!

How does the headlight connector and associated wiring look? Known troublesome area.

It would flash intermittently when I wiggle the connector. Is the connector easy to replace? I don’t know about electrical...

It would flash intermittently when I wiggle the connector. Is the connector easy to replace? I don’t know about electrical...
New connectors are available, they will usually have pigtails (short lengths of wire) on them. Preferably, they would be soldered to your existing wires, after you cut them back an inch or so. If need be, you can use butt crimp connectors, just tape them up to help keep moisture out. If you go one terminal on the new connector at a time, you should be golden.

Hi guys & gals - just opened the account today as I have a headlight issue. I had the same thing happen to me as the picture above where it shows corrosion in the connector / wires. To boot getting the connector off broke a post on that headlight. Replaced the headlights, got some doorman connectors with leads and the meat of my question is this.
In the pic above we have the 2-red / 2-stripped & the 1-black yet on the drivers side there is only one of each. The doorman replacements fit fine but have just 3 leads...red-blue-black. How do I account for the "extra" wires and what are they for? Thank you much.

Be Easy - Blu