Has anyone found what the problem is with the heat soak?

xlchum

Has anyone found what the problem is with the heat soak? I have a 2000 Sahara 4.0 and am sick on the side of the freeway. I have changed the IAC, TPS, fuel injectors, replaced the worn out heat shield from under the fuel rail and the problem just keeps getting worse

Has anyone found what the problem is with the heat soak? I have a 2000 Sahara 4.0 and am sick on the side of the freeway. I have changed the IAC, TPS, fuel injectors, replaced the worn out heat shield from under the fuel rail and the problem just keeps getting worse

It’s the #3 injector that gets affected by heat soak. The was a service bulletin sent out for this. Jerry Branford has the copy and posted it here on the forum.
You need the shield that goes over the injector and the heat soak will be history.
You can also buy just a single on Amazon also. I purchased all 6 to be on the safe side.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072HGFZ6W/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Did all that but still no better. Salled on me on the freeway and when it has stalled before about 15 min with the hood up was enough to fire back up. This last time almost an hour and a half. The injectors were cool to the touch but would not fire. The coil stayed hot until I was able to nurse it into some shade. Could the coil fail from heat and could it fail without sending check engine codes?

Ok so I wrapped all of the injectors and the problem got worse. Once I hit operating temp I cant drive more than 10 blocks without it shutting down. Any other ideas?

Sounds like a crank position sensor. I've seen a lot of the aftermarket ones fail at operating temp but will act like nothing's wrong once it cools off

Sounds like a classic CPS failure on a miata, lol.

You can test by getting a can of compressed air/freeze spray and spraying it when it gets hot, I bet it will fire right back up.

Buy OEM CPS sensors. Expensive, but you know they work.

Did you ever end up finding a solution to your heat soak??