Heater blower not working, ABS and Air Bag lights on

Pokahpolice

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I screwed something up. Short version - Jeep wouldn't start and I determined it was in the ignition switch. Rather than deal with that BS I ran a direct wire from the starter to one end of a push button switch and tapped into a red power wire in the steering cluster using a T-Tap for the positive. Problem solved. The Jeep starts and runs fine. Not sure what the hell I did but now my blower motor does nothing. Also both the ABS and Airbag lights are on constantly. I've checked all fuses and nothing is blown. I just replaced the fan switch and I'm waiting on a new resistor from the parts store. I'm kinda thinking this is all a waste of time and I must have fried something in the process of screwing with the wires. I disconnected the battery when I was messing with the starter so I shouldn't have blown anything.

Any suggestions?

you said the fuses were all good, but did you check for power across them?
Your ignition switch doesn't just start the vehicle, it supplies B+ to other modules in the vehicle.
My recommendation would be to spend the 25.00 and install a new ignition switch.