Heavy duty phone mounts

If you’re handy you can make something like this. Adding whatever ram mount compatible accessories work for you.
View attachment 267347View attachment 267348
That's awesome, I do alot of fabrication havent thought of that one because I have a radio in the way. I like this though and definitely will pass this setup on to some of the the other guys I wheel with! Most of my mounts for my ham and cb over the years I made but I've re done them so many times due to the interior changing. Just put in a full cage.

Reactions: matkal
I have a RAM X-Grip and love it. I have mine mounted to my overhead console with 3M double sided tape and ball mount. The ball has broken a couple times and I have to order a new one. I've been wanting to mount one at the top of the dash where the tray is.

I've never liked the suction cup mounts.

I just toss mine into the glove box, when I remember the stupid thing that is. If I haven't charged it in the last several days, I have a charging pigtail in there for it.
These fit in your glovebox?
0A8BE8B1-08D4-4547-9D73-D6EB22D7C072.gif

🤣🤣🤣

I put a Ram ball on the grab bar. It was a stud type. I can mount the IPad or the iPhone to it. Nice and stable and out of the way.

Those are universal... but work for the tj.

Coincidentally, I ordered the sMonday. Last monday. Glad to see a final setup.
How are the mounts attached to the tray? Do they go through to a part of the dash structure? The bezel plastic alone seems a little weak for the task, but I notice Gosborne's do not look stressed or weak.

A buddy of mine has the same setup in his 14 F150, we overland a bunch and his is rock solid on washboard and rough terrain. His was specific for his F150 I think. I kn ow I could not find a specific for my 08 F150.

Reactions: TJ Starting