Heavy duty tie rod help

Andrew Tanner

I installed heavy duty steering, new drag link and tie rod with fox steering dampner. Now i am rubbing on the inside of my rim. Should i just order wheel spacers or am i missing something 🤔

20230206_120013.jpg

20230206_120007.png

20230206_120004.jpg

Did the heavy duty upgraded steering ruin the wheel while you drove around?

What steering linkage is that? A kit? We need to see more of it, because like @jjvw said, you've probably created other problems with that non-OEM layout.

And your brake rotor looks like you have another problem.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
So i ordered rugged ridge heavy duty tie rod and drag link kit and i threw on a fox steering damper. I just bought this 98 to drive back and forth to work. Lots of parts are very worn out on this jeep i will be giving it love. Yes it does need brake work. Im not sure these are the stock wheels either ill have to get a few more pictures on break

So i ordered rugged ridge heavy duty tie rod and drag link kit ...

See post #2. You bought a poorly designed inverse T steering kit. Other than the obvious problem of ruining the wheel, this steering creates tie rod roll resulting in a dead spot of no steering until the entire system binds up. You will perceive this as slow steering response and wandering while driving. And there will be a small amount of bump steer because the drag link and track bar are no longer in a proper relationship.

Frame shoot what frame we here in Michigan dont have much of a frame left lol i have to fix rear passenger side of the frame needs new trail arm mount. Not a big deal for me cut it out weld in new send it! This isnt my main tj this is just a drive to work lol only manual tj i could find wasnt an arm an a leg, older women gave me a great deal and i told her i wouldn't part it out ill fix it

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I feel better about my frame light rust now, but I feel for you. Look into rust mitigation options before it completely erodes away.