Heavy duty tie rods

Mrblaine, I have the highest respect for you and your products. I am currently planning on replacing my steering linkage and may very well purchase your product-as I have very much faith in what you design and build. I am sorry if I paraphrased something I had read last week poorly. I am not sure if this was the post or not, but it is essentially what I was trying to paraphrase.

As for my becoming annoying (reply in a different thread from of one of my posts yesterday), I am sorry - apparently it is one of my personality traits that I have been reminded of amply by many, many people over the last week,

You kind of highlighted (and took away what you said) jsut one part of @mrblaine's reply, but ignored what he said next (in red below) .. not sure why. People really need to pay more attention while reading (and that applies to me equally) :)

To date, I only know of a single incident where something else failed and given what I know of what happened, I suspect the same failure would have occurred with any tie rod.

The thread I read was actually the 2016 thread "Currie Currectlync vs. Savvy Ultimate Steering" https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/currie-currectlync-vs-savvy-ultimate-steering.648/ discussing the discontinued Savvy 4340 tie rod (people posted in that thread for 5 years, so I guess somewhere during that time the change from 4340 to aluminum happened). I read it while doing a research on upgrading my steering linkage. I tend to be a research monkey and I think I googled 4-6hrs while researching this over a couple nights. I paraphrased from memory Post #9 in that thread, which was very similar to the post I quoted in the current "Toughness personified" thread. Both spoke highly of John Currie's product and both had the "don't call us" phrase.

I missed the "Toughness personified" thread in my google search (probably because I had refined my search to Savvy and Curry products). I would not have made my original post if I had read it - I had no intention to comment about currently produced product, only a discontinued one. I apologize for quoting the post from the "Toughness personified" thread, I was reacting and simply followed someone else's link. rather than trying to retrace my steps.

The only reason I accidentally just stumbled back on the original thread was I was attempting to recall the alloy used in the discontinued Savvy product - 4340 apparently is a rather specific search term, and honestly was trying to figure out why I thought that Mrblaine designed it. I was attempting to figure out how I had gotten confused and gotten myself into this mess.

Last edited: