WTB: Hella 7" E-Code Housings or Hella 7" Vision Plus Housings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
I know, I know, LEDs are way cooler. But I can't warm up to the look of them, and they're also pricier. Given the amount of traffic on our various headlight threads, I figure there are probably a few folks with some Hellas lying around from a past build. I'd be interested in buying either some 7" Hella E-Code housings or some 7" Hella Vision Plus housings, with or without the H4 bulbs.

You can put LEDs into a Hella housing. Best of both worlds, and no plastic lenses!

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. I'll start with the Halogen bulbs, then in time will take Chris's advice of using that H4 company to get some properly designed replacement LED bulbs. I just can't handle the look of "proper" LEDs, and want to keep the factory/stock look as much as I can.

p.s. Took the Ham test this morning and passed! Did not try the general, but look forward to that in time. I overthought a few questions and should have stuck with my first reaction, but still passed fine. The VEs were confused when I asked to see the ones I missed so I could learn from my mistakes—but seriously, how could you stand NOT knowing what you'd gotten wrong?

Reactions: Zorba
Yep, that's what I'm thinking. I'll start with the Halogen bulbs, then in time will take Chris's advice of using that H4 company to get some properly designed replacement LED bulbs. I just can't handle the look of "proper" LEDs, and want to keep the factory/stock look as much as I can.

p.s. Took the Ham test this morning and passed! Did not try the general, but look forward to that in time. I overthought a few questions and should have stuck with my first reaction, but still passed fine. The VEs were confused when I asked to see the ones I missed so I could learn from my mistakes—but seriously, how could you stand NOT knowing what you'd gotten wrong?
Congrats!

I know it’s bad juju around here. But I use the Auxbeam H4 replacements (Amazon) all the time in Halogen motorcycle capsules without any issue. I need to upgrade my Ecodes when the bulbs die.

I know, I know, LEDs are way cooler. But I can't warm up to the look of them, and they're also pricier. Given the amount of traffic on our various headlight threads, I figure there are probably a few folks with some Hellas lying around from a past build. I'd be interested in buying either some 7" Hella E-Code housings or some 7" Hella Vision Plus housings, with or without the H4 bulbs.

Bumping this before I get impatient and pay full price. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.