Hello all, new TJ owner here...

cr0sh

Hello - my name is Andrew. I'm new to the Jeep world. I just got my TJ a few days ago. So far, I love driving it, but it's had its quirks - today was a new one (tea kettle whistle - it went away after I pulled over and lifted the hood - definitely coming from the intake; I'm planning on cleaning the throttle body and IAC valve when I get some time).

Anyhow - she's red, and her name is Candie (my wife named both my cars; she calls them the driveway whores). Got her with 130k+ on the odo. She has a hardtop, auto, and the 4.0 I6. Overall, she looks almost brand new, and the underside seems to be in almost perfect shape - I don't think she's ever been wheeled.

Eventually, that's gunna change...

In the meantime, she's my daily (most days) driver - I also own a 1999 Isuzu VehiCROSS (her name is Trixie), which is the vehicle I am most in love with, and I baby the heck out of. Now I have a second. My wallet is screaming, I think.

Candie needs some love in the future - I've already found that a PO installed light pods and ran the wires thru bare holes in the firewall; I found this when I was installing a battery cut-off switch and a hood lock yesterday (just a couple of minor security mods). I already knew one set of lights didn't work, and when I was disconnecting the negative for the cutoff, I found one of the negative wires for the pods had come loose, then I traced the wires and saw the horror. Of course, off the positive side they didn't add a fuse. It was a fire waiting to happen, so I disconnected them for now until I can get in there and fix 'em right.

She also will need some new tires (P185/70R17) and one new rim for a full-sized spare (currently she sports one of the old wheels and tires as a spare, which is almost worthless, but better than nothing I guess). That will also mean I need to get a rear bumper with tire carrier (so that's going to be a "buy soon" item - I've got 6 or so months left on the tires I think). I'll probably get a winch at some point, and I need to mount my hi-lift somewhere (I once owned an old 79 Bronco, and bought the jack for it).

I can just hear the money flowing away like a river...!

Reactions: Chris
Welcome to the form Andrew! Be sure to post some photos when you get a chance, red jeeps are my favorite. Get ready to open your wallet and spend lots of money, these things are addicting to say the least. You never run out of things to do to them!

Just Empty Every Pocket!

Hello - my name is Andrew. I'm new to the Jeep world. I just got my TJ a few days ago. So far, I love driving it, but it's had its quirks - today was a new one (tea kettle whistle - it went away after I pulled over and lifted the hood - definitely coming from the intake; I'm planning on cleaning the throttle body and IAC valve when I get some time).

Anyhow - she's red, and her name is Candie (my wife named both my cars; she calls them the driveway whores). Got her with 130k+ on the odo. She has a hardtop, auto, and the 4.0 I6. Overall, she looks almost brand new, and the underside seems to be in almost perfect shape - I don't think she's ever been wheeled.

Eventually, that's gunna change...

In the meantime, she's my daily (most days) driver - I also own a 1999 Isuzu VehiCROSS (her name is Trixie), which is the vehicle I am most in love with, and I baby the heck out of. Now I have a second. My wallet is screaming, I think.

Candie needs some love in the future - I've already found that a PO installed light pods and ran the wires thru bare holes in the firewall; I found this when I was installing a battery cut-off switch and a hood lock yesterday (just a couple of minor security mods). I already knew one set of lights didn't work, and when I was disconnecting the negative for the cutoff, I found one of the negative wires for the pods had come loose, then I traced the wires and saw the horror. Of course, off the positive side they didn't add a fuse. It was a fire waiting to happen, so I disconnected them for now until I can get in there and fix 'em right.

She also will need some new tires (P185/70R17) and one new rim for a full-sized spare (currently she sports one of the old wheels and tires as a spare, which is almost worthless, but better than nothing I guess). That will also mean I need to get a rear bumper with tire carrier (so that's going to be a "buy soon" item - I've got 6 or so months left on the tires I think). I'll probably get a winch at some point, and I need to mount my hi-lift somewhere (I once owned an old 79 Bronco, and bought the jack for it).

I can just hear the money flowing away like a river...!
Got any photos? Let's see your Jeep!