4” rough country lift
31’s for now
Rusty’s drag link
Transfer case drop
Rock sliders built by me
Coming soon
Ford 8.8 with 4:10s
Dana 30 trussed
What else are you going to do to this rig? What about getting rid of that TCase drop with a MML. You could run 33’s with a 4” lift. How’s the RC lift handling on the road?

I build American iron road race cars. Mostly mustangs, a few vettes. I stay far away from any of those fourms. The tj has a problem I am chasing back to bad cats and o2 sensors. I found the thread Chris started about the subject and confirmed what I was thinking. That thread sold me on the site.

Gotta drop a side note to show you my dads Vette. '68, 427 tri-power. Was road raced by a previous owner but dad put it back on the street. It's a beast.

EB2F36F8-A756-4A86-847B-7FC4435D15DF.jpeg

I will upgrade to 33’s once I change the gearing. Even with the 31’s it doesn’t like going to sixth gear. The Jeep was really abused when we got it. I have done everything to it so far. Most of it was done out of necessity so far. Believe it or not even the lift kit. It had so many bad suspension parts the lift just made sense. It was over heating, had death wobble really bad, one locked up brake caliper, and started going into limp mode lol. I have most of it sorted out. The new exhaust parts came today. I will pick up o2 sensor locally. I think the next think will be a slip yoke eliminator and a new drive shaft. It rides pretty good. It will be going to Big Bend National Park for thanksgiving. We will see how well she does there.

Reactions: Markymech
I will upgrade to 33’s once I change the gearing. Even with the 31’s it doesn’t like going to sixth gear. The Jeep was really abused when we got it. I have done everything to it so far. Most of it was done out of necessity so far. Believe it or not even the lift kit. It had so many bad suspension parts the lift just made sense. It was over heating, had death wobble really bad, one locked up brake caliper, and started going into limp mode lol. I have most of it sorted out. The new exhaust parts came today. I will pick up o2 sensor locally. I think the next think will be a slip yoke eliminator and a new drive shaft. It rides pretty good. It will be going to Big Bend National Park for thanksgiving. We will see how well she does there.
There are a couple of dangerous roads out in Big Bend. I can’t remember their names, but they are 4x4 only, unmaintained with washed out sections along the way. I would love to go out and run those roads. If you do, report back.

There are a couple of dangerous roads out in Big Bend. I can’t remember their names, but they are 4x4 only, unmaintained with washed out sections along the way. I would love to go out and run those roads. If you do, report back.
Black gap is one of them. I have run it once before in my F-150. It is a good time.

Reactions: JMT
@Spawnmav, you’re close. I’m in Fredericksburg. We’re making a run to Hidden Falls to wheel on Nov 3 if you’re up for it.

I haven’t been on a forum in years due to crappy people on them. I ran across this one looking for advice on my wife’s TJ. I’m glad I found the site. Looks like a bunch of good folks here. I am going to stick around. I hope I have something to contribute.

you should be fine as long as @glwood doesn't lodge one of his gratuitous offensive emoji attacks, many-a former prospective member couldn't survive them.

Unrelated question, do you use Snap-on tools by any chance?

Reactions: Squatch