Hello from Australia

Jack1947

Tj newbie
Supporting Member
Just read a great thread about lifts and suspension. I book marked it but now I've lost it. How can I access my bookmarks? I also read a good thread on the cooling system overhaul and the oil oda something or other but can't seem to find them again.

I'm Jack I have a 2006 65th anniversary edition tj 6 speed manual. I bought it with a 2inch lift and it came with 33's on 16 inch rims. I've been sitting on it for a couple of years with not much time for mods. I'm looking at overhauling the suspension. I'm thinking after some reading of going for a 4inch lift (do you guys rate terraflex lift kits?) and a 1inch body lift. Adding a terraflex sye kit and DC shaft. Ending with a tummy tuck.

I'm waiting on some Bushwacka flat flares.
Would all this allow me to run 35's on 17inch rims? I know I would then have to beef up the rear Axel, would a Dana 35 be enough or do I need the 44? but would I need to also strengthen any gears in the box? This is my main project for 2021 along with some lighting upgrades and driving lights.

Any help is much appreciated fellas! Cheers🤙🏼

20200918_173036.jpg

20201204_182032.jpg

Reactions: TJ4Jim
Welcome. Teraflex isn't too bad. What you've listed will get you going but you'll read that if you're going to do it, you might as well do it right. Change out your axles, regear, etc.

You guys are allowed to lift that high down there?

Reactions: Jack1947
Welcome to yo down under!

I can't help you with the lift, but I might can help you with accessing your bookmarks. Tell us a little more about what kind of computer/operating system/browser are you using.

You need to actually put your questions into new threads in the TJ General Discussion forum. They are not going to get noticed in this introduction thread so you aren’t going to get any good help like you will in a new thread 👍

But welcome to the forum!

Welcome. Teraflex isn't too bad. What you've listed will get you going but you'll read that if you're going to do it, you might as well do it right. Change out your axles, regear, etc.

You guys are allowed to lift that high down there?
Thanks heaps. 🤔 I'm not to sure on the rules. But I've seen a few jacked up Jeeps around

Reactions: Thunderhead
Welcome to yo down under!

I can't help you with the lift, but I might can help you with accessing your bookmarks. Tell us a little more about what kind of computer/operating system/browser are you using.
Thanks bud, I'm using my Samsung s20 Android fone. No computer 😬

You need to actually put your questions into new threads in the TJ General Discussion forum. They are not going to get noticed in this introduction thread so you aren’t going to get any good help like you will in a new thread 👍

But welcome to the forum!
Roger that chief. 👍🏼🤙🏼

Welcome mate!

Check out the “how to” guides for the particulars on different repairs and modifications. And if you don’t find what you need, I’ll echo Chris’ recommendation on posting questions in general discussion.

Where is Australia are you?

I’ve got a brother in Ourimbah, NSW.

Thanks bud, I'm using my Samsung s20 Android fone. No computer 😬

I'm not real up on Android, but for most all browsers that I've used there will either be an open book symbol that you can push, or a menu grid that you open and within that grid you'll find a button to push for "Bookmarks". Pressing that will show your bookmark plus any other default bookmarks that the system may have loaded.

Welcome mate, i've got good news for you, you've already got a dana 44 rear because all Australian TJ's came standard with one and we only got the 35 in XJ cherokees. As for whether or not the 35's will fit with a 2 inch lift, not really. They might just squeeze in but without more lift they'll probably scrub especially if you go off road, so I'd go with the 4 inch and bumpstop it accordingly. Just be careful, not sure what state you're in but 2 inches with 33's on a TJ is already above the legal height in most or all states. Im running a 3.5 inch with 33's and haven't had any trouble tho, just make sure your tyres aren't wider than your flares and most cops wont even look twice.

Welcome mate, i've got good news for you, you've already got a dana 44 rear because all Australian TJ's came standard with one and we only got the 35 in XJ cherokees. As for whether or not the 35's will fit with a 2 inch lift, not really. They might just squeeze in but without more lift they'll probably scrub especially if you go off road, so I'd go with the 4 inch and bumpstop it accordingly. Just be careful, not sure what state you're in but 2 inches with 33's on a TJ is already above the legal height in most or all states. Im running a 3.5 inch with 33's and haven't had any trouble tho, just make sure your tyres aren't wider than your flares and most cops wont even look twice.
Thanks mate and cheers for the info. I'm in Melbourne. Damn I had no idea I was basically at the legal height limit. The tyres currently over hang, still waiting for the new flares. But so far no dramas with the cops.

It's been a struggle for me to get parts atm all to most suppliers have no stock. Are you having the same problem?

Welcome mate!

Check out the “how to” guides for the particulars on different repairs and modifications. And if you don’t find what you need, I’ll echo Chris’ recommendation on posting questions in general discussion.

I’ve got a brother in Ourimbah, NSW

Welcome mate!

I’ve got a brother in Ourimbah, NSW.
Hey mate and thanks. I'm in Victoria.

Reactions: Modoc Guy
Thanks mate and cheers for the info. I'm in Melbourne. Damn I had no idea I was basically at the legal height limit. The tyres currently over hang, still waiting for the new flares. But so far no dramas with the cops.

It's been a struggle for me to get parts atm all to most suppliers have no stock. Are you having the same problem?
Yeah biggest tyre size you can technically go is basicallu a 31", it's just rubbish. 33's look appropriate enough that most cops wouldn't know at least. I'm in Vic too down on the peninsula, Tony at USA 4x4 in Mordiallic is good, what parts are you looking for?