Hello from DC

GreenKnight

New to the forum and relatively new TJ-owner (1 year), and it's been great! My TJ is a manual transmission, six cylinder, 1997 Sport (Dana 44 rear) with 100k miles.

The previous owner installed ARB front and rear lockers, a two-inch suspension lift, a Warn winch, and added 31 inch tires He kept the original 'gambler' wheels though, requiring spacers. I think the wheels are beautiful but I'll probably switch to a larger wheel (when my tires wear out) that doesn't require spacers. In the meantime I've replaced the spacers with hub-centric ones to try to mitigate wear.

The Jeep gets use as a weekend car and off-roading in VA.

Over the past year this forum has been invaluable to me as an owner fixing up the Jeep. Thanks all!

IMG_20190923_135417.jpg

I had gamblers on my first TJ. I may be in the minority here, but I like them. Nothing wrong with quality spacers within reason.

I'm digging that color too

Damn, that thing looks very, very clean!

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you on-board!

Welcome from Vienna, VA just down the road from you. I assume you take the TJ out to Peter's Mill and Flagpole?

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

@sjalkian I've done Peter's Mill but not Flagpole! Recommend it? Peter's Mill was pretty rocky — we need to go when there's more mud!

I'm in Herndon, VA and love the gamblers. They were on my first special ordered '97, and I hated that Chrysler stopped making them. My current project had them, but they were in such bad shape, I bought some new OEM style canyon wheels instead which were what was on my 2000 TJ back in the day. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

@sjalkian I've done Peter's Mill but not Flagpole! Recommend it? Peter's Mill was pretty rocky — we need to go when there's more mud!
I’ve never actually done Peters Mill, but I know plenty of people who have. Flagpole is much more fun. Way more rocks and mud puddles. They can both be done with stock TJs so more on the easy side. I really like Rausch Creek up in PA. Here is me last weekend:
5BC3855B-5F80-44BD-BEC4-C4BB544A9155.jpeg

I push her pretty hard.

Hello from an ex-Marylander (Silver Spring) and also newbie to the forum. I may be showing my age here, but does anyone remember Paragon in PA? It is long gone now, but was a great spot to break things (like my leaf-spring mount). If y'all make it down to Uwharrie down here in NC, send me a note and I will meet you there!

Welcome! I ended up in Fairfax as a kid while my did finished his career in D.C. I left a long time ago and plan never to return because the traffic is a nightmare! Lots of fond memories there though, and I absolutely love the state of VA. I plan to retire there someday, just not in NOVA.

Nice TJ!