Hello from Indiana

Marc McKinley

I've been a stalker of this forum for awhile but due to my recent purchase of my 06 TJ Rubicon I decided it was time to become a member. I had a 98 TJ that I sold around 15 years ago and have missed it ever since.

My 06 Rubicon is a bone stock one owner garaged kept Jeep (70k miles). I plan to do a minor build to her. Most likely an Old Man Emu Ultimate lift package from DPG Off-Road and a set of BFG 33" tires. I want to keep the stock wheels in an effort to keep her classy.

I have the dreaded 42RLE 4 speed auto transmission. I needed the auto to make it easier on the boss (wife) to drive. Due to this transmission I think I'll re-gear to 4.88. I would love to hear from someone with this set up and find out what RPM's they are running at 55mph and 70mph. My hopes would be around 2100rpm at 55mph and 2500rpm at 70mph. That is my target RPM range.

I look forward to learning a lot from all the members on this site!

IMG_4685[1].JPG

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the purchase too!

I think the minor build is a great idea. If I had to do it all over again I'd find a super clean TJ Rubicon, put a 2" lift on it with some 31s and call it a day. I'd add a winch and some other small things, but nothing crazy like I did last time!

Reactions: Marc McKinley
Welcome to the forum, congrats on the purchase too!

I think the minor build is a great idea. If I had to do it all over again I'd find a super clean TJ Rubicon, put a 2" lift on it with some 31s and call it a day. I'd add a winch and some other small things, but nothing crazy like I did last time!

I'm wanting to go with some 33" tires and the Old Man Emu Ultimate lift kit from DPG Off-Road which includes an 1.25" body lift. You think I should stop with the 2" suspension lift and 32" tires?

Gotta go with at least 32" tires to give her an aggressive look. LOL

I'm wanting to go with some 33" tires and the Old Man Emu Ultimate lift kit from DPG Off-Road which includes an 1.25" body lift. You think I should stop with the 2" suspension lift and 32" tires?

If you want to run 31s, I would do a 4" suspension lift and a 1" body lift for 5" total. You can run 33s on a 4" lift just fine, but the extra up travel from the larger suspension lift would be welcome. It's a rabbit hole though if you want to do it right... I promise you you're going to spend 10k or more if you want to do it right ;)

Reactions: Vasq

Welcome from the NW! I was aiming for the same size. I ended up with a 3.5" suspension lift and 1" body lift. still in the process of putting it together. Hoping it comes out well! Will be looking forward to seeing how yours turns out!

Welcome to the forum! 2.5" lift, a BL/MML and 32's looks right and well proportioned. Ran that combo for several years before re-gearing and ending up on 33's. Wish I would of stayed on 32's. I have pics if you want to see that combo.

Reactions: Marc McKinley
Welcome to the forum! 2.5" lift, a BL/MML and 32's looks right and well proportioned. Ran that combo for several years before re-gearing and ending up on 33's. Wish I would of stayed on 32's. I have pics if you want to see that combo.
I would love to see pics. Pics are always good!