Hello from NC

Imposter71

image.jpeg
Hello from NC. I picked up this 2006 LJ back in the spring. I've had jeeps before, a few CJs and a YJ, but this is my first TJ. I ran across this forum a few weeks ago while looking for info and I have been lurking around ever since. Lots of good info, members seem nice and very helpful, just what I was looking for so went ahead and signed up. This pic is from the craigslist ad when I first saw it. Thanks for letting me join, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and learning about my "new" jeep.
Tom

Nice LJ man! Take some better photos when you get a chance, it looks really clean!

What do you have planned for it?

Welcome from another NC Jeeper. Best TJ forum on the internet with a really great group of fellow jeepers that are always willing to give great help and info.

285 BFGs.jpg

Here is how it looks now. A lot of my lurking here was Rim and tire research and what I could fit without causing myself any extra issues. Previous owner had added about 3" rough country lift. I found some 04 Rubicon rims and just got the BFGs ( 285/75.16) Wednesday. I really like the Jeep a lot. Always was fond of the LJs but they were always out of my price range. You can't tell it too well in the pics but this one is pretty rusty and corroded. Most of my plans involve fixing all the little things that need attention ( Fogs broken, ac not working, front end shakes a little, interior lights, blower motor resistor, etc) I'm not complaing, I got it from the original owner with 116000 miles on it. It is from Wisconsin, then Connecticut, then the beach so I have all the rust and corrosion that goes along with that. Price was right for me and it was only about 3 miles from my house so I brought it home. It just got a promotion to DD status which was part of my plan with getting a "newer" jeep. I am sure I will have tons of questions. Thanks again for the welcome.

Reactions: Chris
That's a great canvas to start from indeed. Hopefully the rust isn't anything more than surface rust.

Good looking LJ! Welcome to the forum. Nothing but good resources here. I've got an LJ myself and the funny thing is that in all the time I was looking for a Jeep I never looked at an LJ until I found the one I bought.

Reactions: Chris