Hello from NC

RichardW

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I bought my 2003 Jeep TJ 7 years ago when my daughter turned 16. No, it wasn't for her. I gave her the boring safe car. The Jeep was for me. I grew up rattling around in the back of a 1972 Landcruiser in the Colorado mountains. Always had a thought in the back of my mind that I'd love to have one of my own. Who knew they were going to turn out to be such collectors items? Too rich for me now. I mentioned to my girls about maybe getting a Jeep for our 3rd vehicle, not really thinking they would be interested. I was mildly surprised when they thought it was a great idea. Turns out there was a TV show they were watching where one of the main characters had a Jeep that everyone loved.
Did a small amount of research and lucked out in to 2003 Jeep TJ Sport in Flame red. Needed a fair amount of basic maintenance but had a good frame and a Dana 44 rear axle with the factory LSD installed, neither which the PO knew about. My reading of this website kicked in to overdrive as I went about doing most of the maintenance myself. I really enjoy working on the Jeep as it's so easy to work on, in comparison to more modern cars.
In June I'm towing the Jeep to Colorado and am looking forward to driving some of the trails I did as a kid in my own 4x4.

Welcome to the forum, looks like a nice Jeep you picked up there!

Be careful with these things. They are like Legos and there are a million and one ways to customize them. If you aren't careful you can easily (and I mean EASILY) drop 50k into them on mods alone. Ask me how I know :LOL:

Welcome to the forum!

Great story! Glad you’ve got your 4X4 and you’ve got the itch to wheel.

And there’s this

This thread is worthless without pics

That being said, watch your wallet, TJ’s are an expensive jones!

Welcome from Michigan. Still learning all the do’s and don’t’s for these Jeep’s myself. Hope you have a rich savings account. 😁

Thanks for everyone's replies. As to the rich savings account, have too many toys for that to be true. Between the motorcycle, Motorhome, Jeep and a daughter in collage I'm anything but rich. But having fun. Been to Uwharrie twice, just on the easy stuff. Once I get the SYE installed I'll tackle some of the harder stuff.

Nice to see someone from NC. This forum as help me and brought my passions for working on my Jeep back.