Hello from Southern California

JaysinSr

Hello, I'm new to the site and new to Jeeps. I joined here to get as much info as I can to help my son and I get our first Jeep. He has wanted one since as far back as I can remember. Through a few good late nights, I decided on the TJ. Seems to be a solid model with solid aftermarket support. My son is currently in the Marine Corps and we thought it would be great to both get a Jeep and do some trail rides. He should be registering here as well, but due to his training, it may be a while. Thank you to everyone for such a great site! I have a lot of reading to do.

Reactions: Chris
Welcome to the forum from Northern CA. Do you currently have your eye on any particular jeep? Rubicon, sport, unlimited?

You’re doing it right. Most people buy a rusted POS and then join the forum. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Byhumba
Welcome to the forum from Northern CA. Do you currently have your eye on any particular jeep? Rubicon, sport, unlimited?
Well, initially I was thinking Rubicon Unlimited, from 05 to 07. And that is certainly still my dream TJ, but before I get mine, I want to make sure my son gets his. I give him all the info I find on here, and see where he lands.

Reactions: Alex01 and Chris
Thank you all for such a great forum and the warm welcome. It really gets me excited thinking g about hitting the trails with my son.

Reactions: Alex01
Well, initially I was thinking Rubicon Unlimited, from 05 to 07. And that is certainly still my dream TJ, but before I get mine, I want to make sure my son gets his. I give him all the info I find on here, and see where he lands.
Sorry, 04 to 06. Lol, still learning.

Sorry, 04 to 06. Lol, still learning.
I figured that's what you meant. The LJ is nice because unlike my TJ you can put an actual cooler in the back when wheeling. LJRs centainly are up there in value but it seems like if you're willing to wait and drive a bit a nice one can be found for around 18.5k

Hope to heard about both of your adventures in the future.