Hello from Tallahassee, FL

mahshall

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and have a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I bought the Jeep 5 years ago with 75k and it now has 113k.

I live in Tallahassee, FL and am looking to swap both axles, regear them and do a tummy tuck in the near future.

8aefa9fb2026d0b445bf6d218707bdc1.jpg

b24edee1d9b96347bdf99604c78a9965.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Tallahassee huh? My uncle is a professor at FSU there!

Good looking ride, let us know what you end up going with for axles and tummy tuck!

Yup, I'm a student at FSU and graduate exactly 1 week from today.

As for the axles, the front will be a 94-99 XJ High Pinion Dana 30 with a truss and the rear will be a Ford 8.8 with a truss.

My main goal is to run 35's while not breaking the bank. Sure, I'm polishing a turd with the XJ Dana 30 but I've got high steer knuckles for my TJ 30 and I daily drive my Jeep so Dana 60's are a bit excessive.

Yup, I'm a student at FSU and graduate exactly 1 week from today.

As for the axles, the front will be a 94-99 XJ High Pinion Dana 30 with a truss and the rear will be a Ford 8.8 with a truss.

My main goal is to run 35's while not breaking the bank. Sure, I'm polishing a turd with the XJ Dana 30 but I've got high steer knuckles for my TJ 30 and I daily drive my Jeep so Dana 60's are a bit excessive.

Maybe you know my uncle? Neil Jumonville, he's a professor in history (he just recently retired there).

I agree that D60s are a bit excessive. Not to say we wouldn't all love them, but cost wise it's a bit much. I think the built 8.8 in the rear will be able to handle the 35s no problem. I also think that the Dana 30 in the front should be fine if you turn it into a Super 30 and beef it up. I'd probably put a truss on it at that point as well just to be sure.

Nope, haven't heard of him.

I had a 2011 F350 front Dana Super 60 and rear Dana 60HD axle that I was going to put under my TJ but plans changed and I'm going a different route. I'll make a build thread to show off what I've done and add to it as I go.

Reactions: Chris
Nope, haven't heard of him.

I had a 2011 F350 front Dana Super 60 and rear Dana 60HD axle that I was going to put under my TJ but plans changed and I'm going a different route. I'll make a build thread to show off what I've done and add to it as I go.

Sounds good, I look forward to seeing it. What did you end up doing with those Dana 60 axles? How much did they cost you if you don't mind me asking?

I already have the Dana 44 front and rear axles on my Rubicon, so I think if I need to beef them up any more (they're already Super 44s) I'll probably just get RockJock 44 housings for them. I mean shit, my RCV axles according to RCV strength tests have the same breaking point as a Dana 60 axle which is pretty damn durable.