Hello from Tennessee

S.McArthur

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Hi all,
I finally decided to take the dive into this forum, I have joined another Jeep forum but spend all my time in the TJ section so a TJ specific forum is great.
A lot of google searches lead me here, and I keep seeing Jerry Bransford name a lot, he has helped me tremendously in the other forum; basically, I'm stalking him.
About my Jeep: I sold my Harley to get a family fun vehicle; it's frowned upon strapping a car seat w/ a two-year-old attached. I rebuilt a CJ-5 way back in my army days and had a blast with that, but needed something with creature comforts, hence the TJ.
I bought my 03 X in March, since then I rebuilt the Dana 30, lifted it, and put some other cool...I mean expensive stuff on it. There is a lot more to come, so hopefully, I can be a productive forum member.

Reactions: Dawghouse and Chris
Post some photos of your TJ when you get a chance!

I hear you on the motorcycle thing. I've owned everything from a Harley to an Indian and a Ducati!

I got rid of the motorcycles though because I didn't get to ride them very often with young kids (we have a 2 year old and a 5 year old) taking up most of our time. That being said the Jeep wad obvious because like you said, it's a "family fun vehicle" that the whole family can enjoy as oppose to just myself.

I don't regret it though. Driving the Jeep in the Summer with the top off and doors off is very similar to a motorcycle in many ways I feel.

Knew I should have posted these in the first place.

Brax.jpg

Turkey Bay.jpg

Jeep1.jpg

Reactions: Dawghouse
Post some photos of your TJ when you get a chance!

I hear you on the motorcycle thing. I've owned everything from a Harley to an Indian and a Ducati!

I got rid of the motorcycles though because I didn't get to ride them very often with young kids (we have a 2 year old and a 5 year old) taking up most of our time. That being said the Jeep wad obvious because like you said, it's a "family fun vehicle" that the whole family can enjoy as oppose to just myself.

I don't regret it though. Driving the Jeep in the Summer with the top off and doors off is very similar to a motorcycle in many ways I feel.

I used to race MX/GNCC a lot, the ground/trees started to hurt more and more with each passing year. I really miss the Harley, but once the little gets bigger (not rushing that), I'll get another bike. My little one loves the "eep" as he calls it, we have had arguments in the driveway about which vehicle we are taking...guess who won? Well, we all win with the top off.

Nice TJ, something timeless about a black Jeep. Welcome to the group. Is that Turkey Bay OHV or somewhere else? Looks familiar.
You are the winner! You win an internet high five!
Yes, it was Turkey Bay, took the wife and child up there to ride some trails, spend most of the day in the water with my son. Only got about 20 min on the trail. Still, a great day with the family.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
You are the winner! You win an internet high five!
Yes, it was Turkey Bay, took the wife and child up there to ride some trails, spend most of the day in the water with my son. Only got about 20 min on the trail. Still, a great day with the family.

YEs! I finally win something! I first went to Turkey Bay on the LBL Jeep Jamboree and headed back there last year with a group of friends. Great trails and awesome lake views. Even better in the late fall when the lake level is super low.

Jeeps & Wrenches is a pretty cool Jeep club in your area. I have a few friends that are members of their club, and they are very active club with trail rides, etc.

I really miss the Harley, but once the little gets bigger (not rushing that), I'll get another bike.

I hear ya! I always said that once they get old enough to all be in school, I'll get another bike. That way I will have some time to ride it without them always needing my attention.

YEs! I finally win something! I first went to Turkey Bay on the LBL Jeep Jamboree and headed back there last year with a group of friends. Great trails and awesome lake views. Even better in the late fall when the lake level is super low.

Jeeps & Wrenches is a pretty cool Jeep club in your area. I have a few friends that are members of their club, and they are very active club with trail rides, etc.

When I was stationed at Ft. Campbell, I spent a lot of time on two wheels up there, really nice place. It looks a bit different from my last visit (2004/05), they have cleaned up some of the main trails and closed off a few areas. I bought my annual permit so I'm ready to get my monies worth out of it and tear things up to make an excuse to buy new stuff.
I've seen quite a few of their members, or at least the stickers across the windshields, I thought about finding a club, but I don't have a lot of free time, especially fixing little things here and there on the jeep, house, truck etc. If I see a gaggle of them I may stop over and say hello and go from there.

I hear ya! I always said that once they get old enough to all be in school, I'll get another bike. That way I will have some time to ride it without them always needing my attention.

Heck, the way things are going with this Jeep, I may not have any extra change to worry about a bike! I enjoy riding, but I also enjoy turning wrenches. Once the little guy gets bigger, this TJ may become his "build"...more excuses to build a sweet Jeep...you know, father/son bonding time.

Reactions: Chris
When I was stationed at Ft. Campbell, I spent a lot of time on two wheels up there, really nice place. It looks a bit different from my last visit (2004/05), they have cleaned up some of the main trails and closed off a few areas. I bought my annual permit so I'm ready to get my monies worth out of it and tear things up to make an excuse to buy new stuff.
I've seen quite a few of their members, or at least the stickers across the windshields, I thought about finding a club, but I don't have a lot of free time, especially fixing little things here and there on the jeep, house, truck etc. If I see a gaggle of them I may stop over and say hello and go from there.

Yea if you get to tinkering on the Jeep they could prove to be good friends. I know my buddy gets lot of his labor done by one of the members that has a stocked garage and a lift for essentially beer. ;)

Hi all,
I finally decided to take the dive into this forum, I have joined another Jeep forum but spend all my time in the TJ section so a TJ specific forum is great.
A lot of google searches lead me here, and I keep seeing Jerry Bransford name a lot, he has helped me tremendously in the other forum; basically, I'm stalking him.
About my Jeep: I sold my Harley to get a family fun vehicle; it's frowned upon strapping a car seat w/ a two-year-old attached. I rebuilt a CJ-5 way back in my army days and had a blast with that, but needed something with creature comforts, hence the TJ.
I bought my 03 X in March, since then I rebuilt the Dana 30, lifted it, and put some other cool...I mean expensive stuff on it. There is a lot more to come, so hopefully, I can be a productive forum member.

Welcome to the forum! We are neighbors I live between White House and Springfield off of HWY 76. I'm sure I have seen you around.

Welcome to the forum! We are neighbors I live between White House and Springfield off of HWY 76. I'm sure I have seen you around.

I lived in white house for a few years then Oakland farms by legacy, I'm out in coopertown now. I work in clarksville so I had to make my way this way.
I hunt property off south mount pleasant rd/distillery road.
Small world, I'm sure we'll cross paths on the road!

Reactions: Dawghouse