Hello from Toledo ('04 Rubicon)

brewtus98

TJ Enthusiast
Well, feel like I hit the lottery. Picked up this '04 Rubicon LOADED with only 10,200 miles on it. It's like a time machine - still smells new inside. Picked it up from second owner who was friends with the original owner. Compliments my daughter's '03 and my '18 JLU perfectly. Glad I found this forum, as I am pretty active on the jlwranglerforum and it has been a huge resource.

img_0296-jpg.jpg

img_0275-jpg.jpg

img_0285-jpg.jpg

Good lord that's clean! I'd say you hit the lottery for sure.

What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Check this one out @Starrs.

Yeah, really wanted an LJ but couldn't pass this one up. Frame is near mint. It was driven during summer back and forth between Southern and Northern Michigan several times during first 8 years and then sat in a cottage up there for following 7 years - only driven in nice weather.

12” longer and Mopar rock crawler bumpers I’d agree with ya haha. What’s the frame look like?
Had rust exterior only. Inside frame is pristine with no scale or ANYTHING. Dropped the TC skid and cleaned a little scale off the lower frame rail and top of skid. Water must have sat in the joint for a while a some point. Cleaned the frame midspan rails with wire wheel/flapper and coated with rustoleum. Was surface rust only.

What's the lowest mileage TJ Rubi you've seen on this forum?

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0357.JPG

@Got4wd sub 6k miles isn’t it? LJR khaki, soft top, Mopar rock crawler front/rear bumpers, OME 2.5” lift, and 245 KM3s. Warn 9.5 cti winch. I think that’s all he has done. It’s creepy that I know that and it’s not even mine...yet 🤣
Now that's funny! I thought it was yours. Really nice ride. That's what I was in search of was an LJ, but just couldn't pass this one up when I went and looked at it.

Reactions: Starrs
@Got4wd sub 6k miles isn’t it? LJR khaki, soft top, Mopar rock crawler front/rear bumpers, OME 2.5” lift, and 245 KM3s. Warn 9.5 cti winch. I think that’s all he has done. It’s creepy that I know that and it’s not even mine...yet 🤣
You are slipping a little 5016 miles and 265s lol. I really need to get the Mopar sliders on. I need to find some NOS rubber gaskets so I can mount them up. Been too busy working on the house. Lol

View attachment 170755This was my old one. 19k on it when I bought it and sold with 24k

@Starrs can you give me the specs on the OME lift for your old Rubi? HD kit right? Spring part numbers?

Also, what did you do with the track bar to re-center axles - use the relocation bracket or did you go JKS adjustable?
Gonna put 2.5" on this and run 265's on the MOABs

Thanks!

@brewtus98 Good find on the rig, and nice to have another buckeye on board. Let me know if you don't have a home for your 245 MT/R's if you go with 265's. I'll be following along as I think the 2.5" path may be in my future at some point, yet I'm pretty happy with the stock setup at the moment.

Thinking it would be fun to find a set of original tires if I can.