Hello from Virginia (furthering my addiction)

IrishWake

TJ Enthusiast
Ride of the Month Winner
Howdy guys! I've lurked here for a while reading how-to's and made an account last year, but figured I wanted to get more involved. I've driven this 2000 Sport for 7, maybe 8 years now, most of that time stock on H/T tires. In 2019 I moved from AZ to Northern VA and brought the Jeep with me, where she got 33's and a 2.5" OME lift. Just this month, I spent way too much money and made the big Jump to 35s and have been reliving that honeymoon excitement. For those around here, most of my offroading is Rausch Creek Blacks/Easy Reds, or trails and camping in the GW Natl. Forest. Looking forward to hanging out here some more and someday contributing. My #1 skill is confidently sharing inevitably wrong advice which is immediately rebutted by an expert, so if anyone requests that service, let me know ;) Otherwise I'll hold my tongue

Basic specs as she sits now are:
Currie 4" coils
JKS 1.25" BL
35" MTZ P3s
G2 Core44 Front w/ARB
Factory 44 Rear with Yukon Grizzly
241 and an NV3550
UCF Aluminum 2" skid and engine skid

Planned mods are rebuilt RCVs that came with the axles (trying to scrounge up the cash to just do big brakes and currectlync steering at the same time, no knuckle clearance issues to deal with the RCV boot that way), a Savvy GTS that's been in my closet for a month, and a rear bumper currently lost in FedEx land.

35s.png

(Unfortunately not my garage, at present I have the pleasure of hiding my vehicle work and maintenance in my apartment's parking garage)

Damn man, that's a sharp looking TJ. One of the better looking ones I have seen.

Welcome to the forum from Arizona!

Damn man, that's a sharp looking TJ. One of the better looking ones I have seen.

Welcome to the forum from Arizona!
Thanks! That means a lot to me. Definitely a 20 foot paint job though... need to get that sorted out eventually

Welcome Patrick! Jeep is looking awesome!

Sarkis
Hah, thanks for the welcome Sarkis. I was wondering if you or Rich would see this first

Thanks! That means a lot to me. Definitely a 20 foot paint job though... need to get that sorted out eventually

Hah, thanks for the welcome Sarkis. I was wondering if you or Rich would see this first

Hey, as long as it looks good from a distance ;)

I just saw it. The Jeep has taken a major step up...Welcome!!

Looks great! Welcome to the board from a fellow Irishman. Maybe we can meet up at RC.
Thanks, that sounds great! I'll have to find time to replace my gas tank skid plate before I think about heading up there again, though. The stock skid is hanging on by nearly a thread

Welcome !

I was born in that neck of the woods. Lived just north of Dulles airport. Moved to Arizona.
I’ve got faint plans to head back. Someday...
Welcome, sharp TJ!
love your axle ratio for that size tire.
It’s certainly geared deep! Ideally I’d have gone 5.13s to pair with the 3550, but I got the axles for a steal and am not complaining! (And have no money left to regear) I went out once with the 5.38 and 33s. Could’ve hopped out and cooked lunch while It idled up the trail

Just think what it was like in a CJ 2A with 6.00 16's and 5.38 with a 75 gross horsepower F head 4banger.
In so many ways we have it easier!