Hello from Washington State

DJay

How’s it going everyone. Glad to be a part of this forum. Not new to forums, just new to this one. Picked up a 1998 TJ a few months ago. It has the dreaded 2.5 4 cylinder, 3:73 gears, Dana 30 front and 35 in the rear. I have big plans for this. It came lifted with a 4 inch rough country lift which I am replacing sometime soon. It also came with 15” pro comp wheels and 35x12.5 tires. A little about me, I am 37 years old. I am a Marine Corp Veteran. Served from 2000-2008. Currently I am a Technician at Northridge 4x4 (A Jeep off-road ship), so I work on Jeeps everyday. I will start a build thread once I get the ball rolling.
557485D1-46EF-4266-9C22-F9A74C1793F1_zpsz0jw2vgs.jpg

Welcome aboard! First of all, thank you for your service to this country! And secondly, must be rough having to work on and around Jeeps all day. Poor guy! Nice little rig! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum! 2.5/3.73/35s?? Yikes! I didn't like mine with 3.73's and 31's, couldn't imagine 35's. Good thing you work in a 4x4 shop, you need some gears my man :D

And thanks for your service :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum! 2.5/3.73/35s?? Yikes! I didn't like mine with 3.73's and 31's, couldn't imagine 35's. Good thing you work in a 4x4 shop, you need some gears my man :D

And thanks for your service :thumbsup:
Yeah, it really sucks. Slow and gutless. I have a 44 Rear I am working on. Gonna go with 4:88 gears. It’s cool working at the shop most of the time. Some days are hectic.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Yeah, it really sucks. Slow and gutless. I have a 44 Rear I am working on. Gonna go with 4:88 gears. It’s cool working at the shop most of the time. Some days are hectic.
Go 5.13. I run 4.88 with 31's and it's great. Couldn't imagine it would be great with 35's, however.

Go 5.13. I run 4.88 with 31's and it's great. Couldn't imagine it would be great with 35's, however.
The dealers that we work with only go as high as 4:88 for a front 30. G2 I believe makes 5:13 but we don’t deal with them. Unless I can pick up a 44 front then that’s a different story

The dealers that we work with only go as high as 4:88 for a front 30. G2 I believe makes 5:13 but we don’t deal with them. Unless I can pick up a 44 front then that’s a different story
Revolution gear makes them. Heck, if you can get a front 44 I would go 5.38's. The 2.5/2.4 needs gear to move, and keep moving, tires as big as 35's.

Welcome to the forum.

My TJ actually came from Washington State, originally bought by a Marine " Puyallup " .

Welcome from Oregon! You join quite a large number of us PNW folks who are on this forum.

That's a great looking TJ, I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Reactions: EJD
I am from Washington, I am familiar with Silverdale, I am familiar with Northridge. You sell me parts no tax thanks for that! I am seeing more and more TJrs coming form WA now I am kind of sad I left, but I don't miss the rain! Welcome aboard!

Great TJ :D cosmetically anyway, lol like you said sort out the mechanicals and you'll be riding high and some power under your right foot too.

Welcome to the forum

That thing is sweet! SE's for the win! Just get some 5.13s under that to start and you will love the difference

Reactions: Rob5589